Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

OceansEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They do. I have an egg guy!! :wacky:

heh... that reminds me, I have a new reason now to bop Him on the head again about getting the chicken coop built
mwhahahahah - there's an upside to everything.

Just finishing my breakfast - two perfectly poached eggs on a bed of fresh baby spinach dressed with 2 tbsp of avocado salsa.

Reactions: 2 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First baking since diagnosed in January 2016. Lemon cake - made with ground almonds and soy flour. So happy to use my Kitchen Aid received for Christmas before I was diagnosed!!

And it is very tasty. It actually rose more than expected, was pretty light when eaten - really enjoyed it, will make again - just have to try not to eat too much now!

fcd8516cdf2bd43c874c4402dece7cd0.jpg

cd932916e691859100d62fe294c3c795.jpg
@PenfoldAPD , it's a topper and looks good enough to destroy!!

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
06:00 5.2
B: celery, nuts, cheese and olives.
L: celery, olives, garlic, avocado, feta, olive oil (lots) and sauerkraut.
17:45 4.2
19:15 5.0
D: Rump steak, asparagus, watercress/rocket/fennel and OO dressing, glass of red wine.
21:30 5.1

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
First baking since diagnosed in January 2016. Lemon cake - made with ground almonds and soy flour. So happy to use my Kitchen Aid received for Christmas before I was diagnosed!!

And it is very tasty. It actually rose more than expected, was pretty light when eaten - really enjoyed it, will make again - just have to try not to eat too much now!

that looks very tasty. Where did you find the recipe?

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
B at 6.30am 1/2 avocado and a fried egg
Snack at 10am Part of lunch meal: 1/2 avocado, brie, baby toms, olives
lunch 11.40am (work, so on early lunch) Remainder of snack/lunch
Tea: 2 grilled portabello mushrooms topped with 1 spring onion and 30g goats cheese melted and roasted pine nuts.
Pudding: 8 rasps and some double cream.

Walked home from work (got lift to work as it was pouring down) then a cycle round the town after tea. Reading now 6.4 so happy with that :)

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Looks great! I feel like having a slice now :)

Reactions: 7 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks @PenfoldADP I've ordered xylitol from Holland and Barratt, waiting for it to come home. Will make it as soon as I can :)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @PenfoldADP I've ordered xylitol from Holland and Barratt, waiting for it to come home. Will make it as soon as I can :)

Great, they also have the soy flour if you can't find it anywhere else - that is where I bought mine.

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
B: Porridge with half Oat Bran, almond milk, milled linseed and sesame, dollop of greek yoghurt
Lunch: Caesar Salad, tub of fromage frais with more linseed and a few dried sour cherries.
Tea: Sausages with avocado, pea mint and feta dressing, asian coleslaw. Followed by a small chocolate bar with peanuts and caramel.(20g carb, couldn't resist it, it was that or left-over birthday cake).

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Yog and nuts
L: cauli soup and chopped bacon
D: lemon sole in butter, oo and capers, salad, avocado and aubergine in tom sauce, an expresso with a square of 90%

Reactions: 4 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
S Milk Coffee
B Sausage Bacon Tomato and Egg
S Milk Coffee
L Cheese Cubes and Peanuts
S Milk Coffee
D Sausages and Vegetables
S Peanuts

Carbs 26g

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
S Milk Coffee
B Sausage Bacon Tomato and Egg
S Milk Coffee
L Cheese Cubes and Peanuts
S Milk Coffee
D Sausages and Vegetables
S Peanuts

Carbs 26g

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B: At 6.30am few pieces of brie with a tiny bantam egg and a few olives
Snack: 10.15am at work. Started on my lunchtime salad (same as breakfast, except with some pine nuts and a few added baby tomatoes).
Lunch 11.40am (hardly digested my lunch!) Remainder of salad, slightly more than at break time
Tea: 7pm Garlic prawns (cooked in butter and a bit of olive oil) with salad leaves and a few more olives.

Water flavoured with fresh lemon and lime juice throughout the day.
Mug of americano coffee with a blob of cream after work.
Water with L&L with evening meal and in the evening

Reactions: 3 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
4th May:
Breakfast: 2 x tiny bantam boiled eggs with butter and 4 green olives
Lunch: having grilled peppers with feta and spring onion filling with a sour cream dressing. With baby spinach
Tea: Garlic prawns the last of the spinach and asparagus.

Aiming to drink at least 3 pints of lemon and lime flavoured water. Will allow an espresso mid afternoon with 1/2 sq 90% chocolate my daily treat. I've never had a bar of chocolate last for so long!

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
5th May my son's birthday, happy birthday son and heir! he lives south, so at least I'm not tempted to eat his birthday cake!

Breakfast in bed :) 1/2 avocado, small chunk brie, 6 olives. Espresso and a 1/2 tumbler of water with lemon and lime

Lunch: grilled pepper stuffed with feta cheese, 4 baby tomatoes, 6 olives, 1 spring onion, chopped mint and drizzle of lemon juice

Tea: baked chicken breast with asparagus, on watercress salad leaves.

Aiming to drink 3 pints of water flavoured with lemon and lime (freshly squeezed juice).

Mickyb0703

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B- 2 portobello mushrooms and cheddar
L- half a smoked sausage low carb and 3 crackers
D- steak Bernaise sauce and vegetables
Plenty of water as started on metformin this morning

Pussywillow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 x Weetabix (I call them s**tabrix cos i'm rude) + sweetner wiv Banana chopped up on hot milk semi detached.

For lunch I am going to ram down my neck marmite and cheese sarnies on wholemeal bread, washed down with the third cup of tea of the day, followed by either a) a cigarette b) puff on my puffer thing or b) fill my pipe. or maybe all three.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonight I had crispy duck, pancakes and hosin sauce. 2 hrs later BS of 7.4 so not a clever choice. I misread the carb content, and ended up eating 2½times the amount of carbs I thought. So guess I mustnt grumble at a 7.4