Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Rainbow trout and roasted mediterranean mixed veg, followed by strawbs and blueberries, coffee with double cream....lovely.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
View attachment 19128
Oysters, so far. It's a lovely day here in Santa Monica, California.

Oysters. I LOVE them. We were in Paris for my 60th birthday in Dec and I had a platter of seafood, containing a DOZEN oysters and I ate every one of them. Had them since we came back to Orkney, but nothing like as tasty :(

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Forgive me Father for I have sinned. It's been months since I had a bag of crisps, but tonight I had a 50g bag of cheese and onion crisps at the folk festival (my excuse I was very hungry after the 5 1/2 hr journey back home) and my normal baked chicken with veg wasn't enough. :(:(:( I promise not to do it again, though I really did enjoy them!
My levels are 12.0 just now. So a quick walk around the block and off to bed, it's been a long day.

Aishar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the morning I had two boiled eggs with brown seeded, toasted bread and water.

For my evening meal I had mince beef with potato's and peas with flat bread just one, portion of salad and water

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My usual brekkie: 300ml Good Green Stuff, 560ml water with but C, 3G salt and 2 tablespoons chia seeds.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Thursday 26/6/16
B scrambled egg / 1 slice burgen bread
L 1pkt chicken bite / 1pkt dairy lee dunkers
S 1pkt pork scratchings
D Ham / egg salad and prawn coleslaw. greek coconut and vanilla yogurt with blueberries

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Last night I tried Philadelphia mushroom stir in sauce with chicken mushrooms asparagus and courgetti. Pre meal reading 5.5, 2hour pp 5.9 :D

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Greek natural yogurt and a few blueberries

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
God Green Stuff (10g), Clean Protein (25g), chia seeds, 2g of salt, 800 ml water, vit C :)

U2fan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First time posting on here, but I've found it so useful for food ideas over the last few months that I thought I would start to contribute too!

Tonight I've eaten King Prawns and Scallops cooked in garlic butter, with cherry tomatoes, advocado, with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Delicious! My blood sugars were 5.8 just under two hours after eating.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried melon for the first time since diagnosis, along with a tried and tested fish our. BG 4.7 2 hrs later. Very pleased

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried melon for the first time since diagnosis, along with a tried and tested fish our. BG 4.7 2 hrs later. Very pleased

Good to know, I expected Melon would spike me so have avoided - I'll try it. Perfect summer lunch while abroad.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
First time posting on here, but I've found it so useful for food ideas over the last few months that I thought I would start to contribute too!

Tonight I've eaten King Prawns and Scallops cooked in garlic butter, with cherry tomatoes, advocado, with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Delicious! My blood sugars were 5.8 just under two hours after eating.

Wow that sound fantastic. It's only 6am as I type and that dish has me salivating already....haha:) I love scollops!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: eggs sausage bacon mushrooms
L: Camembert baked, rocket tomatoes and a little balsamic - then a Coyo :)
D: steak, French beans and a Roquefort sauce (cheese, cream fraiche plus cream - super easy!) followed by lots of lovely French cheese and wine ...!

French living isn't so bad and my BG has remained in the 5s!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
An early bird like me PenfoldAPD :) remained in the 5s....that's brilliant! I had sausages and low sugar...oho...baked beans last night and I'm 7.9...that's brilliant! this morning. That will teach me:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on French time @KevinPotts but it's raining in the South of France so having a lie in! Often fancied baked beans but I think they'd spike me. Did try glass of sangria yesterday and that was fine. Think I've now realised exercise is the key for me. Helped bring my BP down to 116/73 from diagnosis high of 159/97!

Off to the hypermarket today to check more labels for Glucides - that's carbs in French :)

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not had any exercise since a 1 hr walk from house to bus station in Inverness. But back home and into Folk Festival mode, so no time for walking at all.
Exercise today was clearing out the bookshelves of paperbacks - 10 bags worth for the charity shop. Surely going up and down the stairs was exercise?

Breakfast: Hard boiled egg with some olives
Lunch: A couple of slices of palma ham. 8 raspberries
Tea: at 6pm small piece of baked fresh salmon with asparagus and spinach.
Between 7pm and 9pm 2 squares of 92% chocolate

Before tea I was 6.1
now at nearly midnight I'm 8.1
Wonder what I will be when I wake up in the morning?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
B; 25g of Porridge Oats with milk.

L: Half a tin of pilchards on two Dutch Crisp breads.

T: A pork chop with baked Apple and Pear and spinach.

BG was 8.6 at 10 PM