Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
5.9 for me. I've still got the lurgy, but I've also been a little naughty on the food front so the BG trend in recent days is up. I need to bring that down again so I'm going to be much stricter on carbs today.

Reactions: 22 people

SRO

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thought a bit of lasagne would be fine for dinner last night! It wasn't!
17.5 this morning! :(

Reactions: 13 people

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 today - smaller portion size did the trick. Okay, actually I felt a bit awkward eating with my flatmate and walking to the kitchen for another supply of my seeds mix, so I left it there ;)

Reactions: 18 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I didn't get the time to post yesterday but my readings were 5.5 (fasting) after 5.3 at bedtime. This morning I had a fasting reading of 5.1 after a reading of 5.8 at bedtime last night.

Later today I'm getting a routine HbA1C test. I was 53 (8.5) on diagnosis in January and 42 (7.0) at the end of April.

Reactions: 19 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
On the high side for me today, at 6.8 Seem to be very dehydrated, so getting some fluids down me should lower BG.

image.gif

Reactions: 19 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Cold feels worse this morning, drippy nose and headache are starting to do my head in. Fbg was 7.8 though, so not too bad

Reactions: 16 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two days running, I've had the first readings of the day below 7! (6.2 and 6.7) Am I turning a corner - hope so.

Reactions: 23 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

After a few good days i got a little indulgent with tea last night and am paying for it this morning with a 5.7.

Annual Review this afternoon......

Reactions: 18 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Morning all
6.8 this morning but I am away with the boys for a few days

Reactions: 15 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
To do this, what sort of amount of liquid are you going to drink? I'm new-ish to all this, had heard about it, but how much do I stand and drink?

To lower my BG this morning, I drank 1500mls over a couple of hours. It lowered my BG to 5.0, which is average for me. I'll drink another 1500mls throughout today. SF Squash or plain tap water.

Reactions: 13 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 for me this morning - bit higher than usual but someone bought cheesecakes into work yesterday and I had a piece plus I couldn't be a***d to cook so sent hubby to the chippie!

Reactions: 17 people