Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 at 8:45 .........not at all cured yet..

had a guest yesterday and ate very much, and also too much carbs.. so ..NO excercise yesterday, 201 grams of carbs 85 grams of proteins and 2450 calories eaten... good that I am off to excercise

Last edited:

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 at 8:45 .........not at all cured yet..

had a guest yesterday and ate very much, and also too much carbs.. so ..NO excercise yesterday, 201 grams of carbs 85 grams of proteins and 2450 calories eaten... good that I am off to excercise

It looks like you did eat a lot of carbs (if you are generally LCHF) but please remember 6.2 isn't a terrible FBG. Many folks would be happy with that, and it is almost a 5.9 ;) enjoy your exercise though, that will certainly help keep you in check!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm puzzled by my numbers! fasting this morning is 6.3 and has been about that for a couple of weeks. At 3.00 a.m. it was 5.6. During the rest of the day, too it's around 5.0 to 5.6 ... I don't understand why it's higher in the mornings. I know that 6.3 is in the "normal" range, but I'm curious as to why it's higher than at other times. Any suggestions from anybody?
Google 'dawn phenomenon'. Some use a liver block at supper but 5.6 to 6.3 isn't a huge dump, in fact could be just your meter variant.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
10.3, and nothing I do seems to make a difference. I kept my pre-lunch and pre-dinner values down to 5.2 with about 20 carbs at every meal, and even my bedtime value was at it's lowest at 7.5 :(
I don't understand type 1.5 well but would a liver block help you too. 7.5 at bed to 10.3 rise maybe a liver dump (dawn phenomenon)?

M

ME_Valentijn

I don't understand type 1.5 well but would a liver block help you too. 7.5 at bed to 10.3 rise maybe a liver dump (dawn phenomenon)?
I'm not sure what would qualify as a liver block. I ate 50g of a medium-soft cheese for dessert at 9pm, and went to bed at 10pm. I didn't test in the middle of the night, but when I have on previous occasions, my blood sugar is already too high at midnight-1am as well. Basically it seems to take forever to go down after dinner, and then starts going up at some point as well. I think I'll plan on waking up a few times tonight to see what's happening.