Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
5.7 this morning. Considering I had dessert yesterday (it was my birthday) I didn't think that was too bad. I have definitely come to the conclusion that bread is my real problem - even wholemeal. It keeps my levels up for hours afterwards. My GPs have finally come back to me about my letter from the Diabetes clinic saying they want me on Metformin - what part of the "I can't take it due to the GI effects" do they not get?! Sorry - grumble over for the morning!

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning. Considering I had dessert yesterday (it was my birthday) I didn't think that was too bad. I have definitely come to the conclusion that bread is my real problem - even wholemeal. It keeps my levels up for hours afterwards. My GPs have finally come back to me about my letter from the Diabetes clinic saying they want me on Metformin - what part of the "I can't take it due to the GI effects" do they not get?! Sorry - grumble over for the morning!
Glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday, dessert was definitely in order:hungry::joyful:

D

Deleted member 308541

Glad you've found the fives and that temperature just a normal day in Scotland
emoji300.png
emoji300.png
It's dropped down a bit to 9.6°, heading for a top of 24° today here in Bundaberg.

Hope there are a few more fives in the tub.