Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Looseboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi. these waking levels are not necessarily the best indicators of your average level; they are seldom my lowest. I think that the "number" you are "happy" with depends largely on whether or not you are on medication or are just getting normal range levels on diet alone. I presume that you are on meds...otherwise your numbers aren't just good; they are non-diabetic. There's ideal..and there's reality. I am happy if I am under 8mmols all day (but I don't take meds).
@pleinster I am actually not on meds so diet only. This is where some of my anxiety comes from. According to NICE for FBG, Pre and 2hr post meals I have never had a reading outside their normal range(2 months now). In fact post meal generally late 5 early 6 . (although trying a Jacket potato tonight for a more robust test.) So in isolation my personal tests are ok but my Hba1c was not 6.9 at diagnosis. So I keep asking myself am I or arn't I and if not what is causing the issue. Add to this I still get symptoms which can be attributed to T2 i.e tingly pin/needles, mouth infection, painful feet, burning sentation on sole of feet, blurry vision etc... (foot check on Wednesday)

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@pleinster I am actually not on meds so diet only. This is where some of my anxiety comes from. According to NICE for FBG, Pre and 2hr post meals I have never had a reading outside their normal range(2 months now). In fact post meal generally late 5 early 6 . (although trying a Jacket potato tonight for a more robust test.) So in isolation my personal tests are ok but my Hba1c was not 6.9 at diagnosis. So I keep asking myself am I or arn't I and if not what is causing the issue. Add to this I still get symptoms which can be attributed to T2 i.e tingly pin/needles, mouth infection, painful feet, burning sentation on sole of feet, blurry vision etc... (foot check on Wednesday)

So the symptoms all need to be worked through. Your HBA1C at 6.9 (I presume mmol and not % look ok don't they? They are lower than pre-diabetic. I know there will be trends but add that to your FBG and your less than 2mmol meal delta they are really impressive I think. Interested to see what dinner tells you.

Looseboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
So the symptoms all need to be worked through. Your HBA1C at 6.9 (I presume mmol and not % look ok don't they? They are lower than pre-diabetic. I know there will be trends but add that to your FBG and your less than 2mmol meal delta they are really impressive I think. Interested to see what dinner tells you.

@Fleegle it was in fact 6.9% . That was my HbA1c 2 months ago at diagnosis. 1 month until my next test.

Jacket potato ( well half 120g cooked) plus mackerel, cheese, salad avocado and coleslaw

5 pre meal , 7 @1hr, 6.5 2hr post meal ( after a dog walk and some press ups )

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Might be a silly question!!

I can see a few of these threads each day populated by many people and it is clear from the forum we have diverse people with diverse results.

What I am still not sure of myself is what I am aiming for in terms of my on FBG reading.

I am T2 newly diagnosed and range from mid 4's to early 5's (probably more in the 5's than 4's unless red wine involved). no real change in 2 months with around just over 2 stone weight loss.

Am I after 4's all the time or are early 5's ok/normal as per the NICE guidelines say they are?

I am assuming everyone has their own goal, just interested in knowing if this too is as diverse for everyone or are we all wanting a "golden number" and if so what is that? or is the target the NICE guidelines or those agreed with your DN?
Hello, I've just read @Prem 's reply and I can't add to that. But well done on your weight loss!:D

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning after a very unpleasant night. I just cannot cope with these high temperatures, very little sleep had to take pain killers at three in the morning bruises on arm started bleeding don't know why and tinnitus was so intense made my head hurt. Hope it cools down soon just a little.
Sorry to hear you're suffering honey. Weather not helpful depending where you are.... :(

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
4.4 today. This weather is really getting to me and I had a pretty unpleasant hypo yesterday. Up here in the Northwest of England the humidity is quite high so the temperatures feel hotter and more clammy than in some other places.