Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
No I didn't. Having rehearsed I think it might be the heat and the lack of sleep that goes with the heat. I have read this can cause blood sugar to increase.
and @Fleegle

I've read that it's not so much that there's more glucose in the blood, but that the blood becomes thicker as we dehydrate. Less water in the blood means greater concentration. So it's important to drink plenty of water. It's important for everyone, of course, but apparently more important for us.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
6.4 this morning. 8.6 by time I got to work after a fast day yesterday and hardly anything to eat. Where does all this glucose come from!
2mmol/l tops you up from the liver and then muscles and other organs can even join in the party!
If only they realised it's not bring your own glucose as there's plenty at the party already. We are sweet enough! Ha ha

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning @ 6.30
Bags packed and most importantly the wedding outfit and hat into car with husband and dogs (both in cage, well away from anything that Breagha - flying lugs dog can get her teeth into!
It's supposed to be a surprise, but I saw a kilt suit bag on the back seat of the car! I'd guessed a while back that he was going to hire one, but was met with "I've nae the legs fae a kilt". So he's leaving his 'suit' at our son's flat and going there to change on the wedding morning when he will walk to the university chapel with groom and best men. Oh what a surprise I will get!
:D:joyful:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
After a few false starts I've now learned how to check my blood sugar. Today's post-lunch, pre-dinner reading is 5.6, which I'm happy with. (A bit daunted by some of the jargon on here though...)
Check your blood as soon as you wake up. Before breakfast or ablusions. Then post here your result when you can. You're looking for a range of 4-7.8 (mmol/l)
Hope to see you here soon.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After a few false starts I've now learned how to check my blood sugar. Today's post-lunch, pre-dinner reading is 5.6, which I'm happy with. (A bit daunted by some of the jargon on here though...)
Ask and read! All questions welcome and none silly.:)

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance

You're doing really well. Make a list of the jargon you don't get..and I'm sure people will help explain...start a new thread on the Type 2 forum. I'm sure it would help others too.

Reactions: JanetMcDowell
D

Deleted member 308541

Maybe the boomerang has came back
I think I know what might of caused the 6+, there might have been more carbs in that JAP pumpkin I got from the club for dinner with pork chops and mixed veggies that the other type Jarradale we get has.

As Forrest Gump said "Mama always said life was like a box of chocolits, you never know what you're gonna get."

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
6.3 @ 4.15 am. Wide awake, but can't get up in case I wake the grandsons. 3 hrs until we need to be at the ferry, then Glasgow here we come! 3 more sleeps until the wedding