Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
5.9 this morning @ 6.30
Bags packed and most importantly the wedding outfit and hat into car with husband and dogs (both in cage, well away from anything that Breagha - flying lugs dog can get her teeth into!
It's supposed to be a surprise, but I saw a kilt suit bag on the back seat of the car! I'd guessed a while back that he was going to hire one, but was met with "I've nae the legs fae a kilt". So he's leaving his 'suit' at our son's flat and going there to change on the wedding morning when he will walk to the university chapel with groom and best men. Oh what a surprise I will get!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 today. This weather is really getting to me and I had a pretty unpleasant hypo yesterday. Up here in the Northwest of England the humidity is quite high so the temperatures feel hotter and more clammy than in some other places.
Had to ride my bike down to Bolton yesterday. Pleasant back roads but nearly melted.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A 6.9 this morning. More 6s on taking metformin later meal.
If I have a breakfast with metformin my fbg is lower. (Attacking insulin resistance on a morning, reduces my fbg).
Fbg gives medical professionals a lot of info. Its been that way for decades.
I love our posters understanding their fbgs.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
4.4 today. This weather is really getting to me and I had a pretty unpleasant hypo yesterday. Up here in the Northwest of England the humidity is quite high so the temperatures feel hotter and more clammy than in some other places.
Me too. I'm having weird bgs. No rhyme or reason.

Reactions: JohnEGreen