Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
7 this morning. Never had one less than 6.5! Am now off metformin and my levels seem to swing about a bit. I buy strips via Amazon, (One Touch Select Plus) and hope they are accurate. Have gained weight since stopping metformin

I know how you feel I'm the same been of the met for 3 months sugars
A bit erratic levelled of at 6.5 doctor said it would go up by .4 or so anyway and your meter will probably be .5 out as well you will only get an accurate reading when your 3 month test is due so look on the bright side your 7 will be a 6.5 work on your diet a bit and it will work out

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7 this morning. Never had one less than 6.5! Am now off metformin and my levels seem to swing about a bit. I buy strips via Amazon, (One Touch Select Plus) and hope they are accurate. Have gained weight since stopping metformin

my numbers go up 1 mmol if I do not take metformin , I don´t dare to stop metformin .. I think some type 2´s main problem is the overactive liver that transforms the proteins in far too high amounts into blood glucose

Last edited:

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
5.8 yesterday around 8.30am. I am usually just jealous of some of your low readings (in the nicest possible way), but all this talk of hot weather is turning me bright green. Prediction for Saturday here is around 13 degrees; I predict an indoorsy kind of day.