Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Some higher ones for me too. My new hba1c of 52 was on humulin m3. Not had a test on toujeo300 and novarapid yet. Losing weight still on them thou. Only lose if mine are kept low. You?
I lost around 10 stone in weight and I find it easier to get around but I lost it with using victoza and Humilin M3 and I was okay on the first bout of injections of Victoza just when they boost it up to the next amount it made me feel sick and dizzy but I got anti sickness tablets for it for a couple of weeks and it was ok and on top of that the loss of my mother with cancer so I just didn't eat and I lost the weight very quick within a period of a few months and I shouldn't have but anyway I did and now I am on a high fat diet and I check my carbs and they are really low so I am just counting the fat in take and what I eat and drink and what I am supposed to be doing and I know that I am not supposed to use sugar in tea or coffee but I am as I can't use the other stuff as tried them all but the one I have tried and you can't get any more is the siverspoon sugar which was like sugar but had nothing in it and nothing but the sweetness and it had no cals no carbs no sugars and no salts which was great for me but I can't get it anywhere now. I lose weight all the time and the last time I was at the hospital for my bloods done mine was around 90 mmol/l but I had a massive dka which nearly done me in

Reactions: Liam1955

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 at 6am - then went to go for my usual walk. Realised house/cars keys were missing - looked outside - both cars have been stolen! My husbands car that I use a lot and his work car. And all his work stuff. Devastating. Spent all time since then on phone to police and insurers. :(

My car has been found - now at a police garage, hoping it's not damaged (too much) No sign of hubbies car though :( BG hit a 9.4 mid afternoon which is very rare for me now - show what stress can do.

James13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.5 this morning.

Been a stressful couple of days because one of our cats ran off at 7am on Monday (not the one in my avatar, she's well behaved ). We have 4, all rescued from our garden where a feral cat had a litter. They're mainly house cats but we let them out in the garden when we're in the house. Long story short she appeared in our garden at 6am, after being gone for 48 hours, non the worse for wear.

To keep on topic, poor sleeping and stress might have elevated my BGs (fasting was 10 yesterday) but it's more likely letting my carbs but not calories creep up ☺️

Lolhere

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm struggling to get my mmol down I am between 13.9 & 22mmol anytime I am testing with the nexus meter.. Trying to control it is harder than I wish. I'm not on meds. I'm eating healthy, started exercise again as had procedure before... it's scary & just want it down... my aim is to reverse it.

Well I still haven't got it under control, It got much worse. Then after blood test & visit to doc, I have been put on Metformin & Atvorstatin & took my first tablet Metformin this morning.. Strange as most other ailments I have suffered since 2012.. have now been recognised by the doc as part of my diabetes! I've been saying to my diabetic nurse & she dismissed it.. My doctor knew me when the rubbish started for my health, he told me diabetes & getting to this stage is not my fault... Every other health professional has treated me like it was... I was going to the gym 3 times a week & inbetween cycling & walking when first diagnosed.
Yesterday, when I went to get my prescription from the pharmacist. He asked for a word... he advised about gradually taking them a week at a time upping them. So 1x 2 daily until I get to 2x 2 daily in Metformin. The Statin is to be at night... I don't ask why... The pharmacist signed me up for callback checkups & tests to see how I go on the tablets. It has put me more at ease. I wonder how many people know about This pharmacy service... Will save the docs some time.
I'm hoping if I get it under control maybe I have a fighting chance at trying to beat it again. Here's hoping. Any advice greatly received.

Reactions: Freema

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 after a rubbish nights sleep - just kept think about how people had got into our house last night. :(

My car had been found, but the police have it so in a hire car for now. Hubby has another fleet car and is trying to source new kit - new locks on the house. Autistic son obsessing over checking locks. Really need a calm day in work.