Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Holidaymad_

Had a terrible night sleep tossing and turning and getting stressed about my background retinopathy (see my post in type 2 board below about feeling ashamed) think I just had "diabetes" on my mind before bed, resulted in a really rubbish 7.0 this morning!! Does stress affect your blood sugar? Yesterday was 5.6, I could actually cry with this high result, along with feeling stressed about retinopathy and my weight had hit a plateau and I don't know how to shift it. Currently doing an extra half an hour run on the treadmill before an hours class of hiit training, eating 1200 calories a day. Thinking maybe the 5:2. Sorry for the long post.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Had a terrible night sleep tossing and turning and getting stressed about my background retinopathy (see my post in type 2 board below about feeling ashamed) think I just had "diabetes" on my mind before bed, resulted in a really rubbish 7.0 this morning!! Does stress affect your blood sugar? Yesterday was 5.6, I could actually cry with this high result, along with feeling stressed about retinopathy and my weight had hit a plateau and I don't know how to shift it. Currently doing an extra half an hour run on the treadmill before an hours class of hiit training, eating 1200 calories a day. Thinking maybe the 5:2. Sorry for the long post.
First of all you need to relax. By joining here you will find some solutions. Put the breaks on with stressing. You can now relax into better management.
Your not alone.
Diet makes the biggest impact on any disease but type2 is very much a diet reactive disease. Low carbing works well for most but you need to find what works for you.

Reactions: Liam1955

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

7.2 today and my 16 day average (all results, not just fasting) has climbed to 6.4, whereas before this last problem I was holding it around 5.4. It is true that I've changed meters though, and the new one was usually reading higher than my old one when I ran comparisons. Put on 2lbs last week, which will please my dietician and gastro nurses, not so much the diabetic ones....