Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.5 - can't seem to get any lower. I think I need to do some tweaking of my diet again because even though I'm under 40g of carbs a day, I'm not getting below 7 and the occasional high 6.

Reactions: 20 people

dipakotak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.7 this morning. Cannot seem to get below 6 fasting BG. Had 5.6 post dinner and late at night. Any ideas how I can lower the fasting BG?

Reactions: 23 people

superwoman1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.4 today. Lowest FBG yet. Very happy. My DH always has a snack before he goes to bed and I usually have one with him (always low carb). Last night I resisted and guess that's why I was so much lower this morning.

Reactions: 25 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
6.3 yesterday at 8am, not quite my nice wee 5.8 of the day before, but there wa sa lovely 4.8 in the afternoon. bed now...even insomniacs do try...off to see my doc tomorrow to thrill him with the news that he was wrong..I don't want back on my pills and my emphasis on diet instead is working. I may even get my ridiculously long-awaited first HbA1c test results (taken 6 weeks ago)..isn't admin a wonderful thing? I'm sure the next one will have a more relevant result.

Reactions: 13 people