Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
3.6 @ 07.01. I re-introduced before bed 1 mile walk. I feel fine at this level and will do 2 mile walk after a fresh lemon.

Edited to add: felt great so did 5 mile walk fasted.

Last edited:

Greg1957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Prunes
Got me beat, living like a monk, yesterday as ever, no breakfast, 2 eggs for lunch, smoked haddock with 5 asparagus stems for evening meal, and half a cup of nuts early evening as I was still Hungary, lost 3lb since Saturday yet my darn bloods were 9.3 this morning, I seem to be going backwards. Oh..... and I might be getting just a little frustrated!

Greg1957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Prunes
Greg10
Be patient,give it time at least 2 to 6 weeks .You're starting a good habits.
I started mine and I no longer take the insulin.
DJ001.
Thanks for your comment, I am annoyed because my hopes had been rising, I managed to get my morning bloods down to 6.8 I have been doing this since October 25th and in total I have lost 1 stone and 4lb but for some reason, whilst sticking strictly to a low carb diet, it has gone back up. I can't work out why, and don't know what more I can do, my one weakness is excercise, I do my best, but I have a fractured spine and bad hips, walking is very painful, and my legs tend to fold under me. But I am certain that in the long run, as I lose weight, I will be able to excercise more.