Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
3.7 @ 07.31 today, 4.7 before bed. (Xmas morning 4.6 (curry goat / cauli-rice, 3 large jerk chicken drumsticks, 4 home made mid sized fibre flour Jamaica mince beef patties with salad, and a thin slice of Jamaica rum cake, for Christmas Eve). To ensure good numbers on Xmas day, 3 set home heavy weights followed 6 mile fasted walk. Christmas dinner (no potatoes or parsnips), but, turkey, beef and gammon, with sausage meat stuffing (3 helpings), vegetables and gravy. For dessert fibre flour (cinnamon and turmeric) biscuit with Wensleydale Cheese, some Berries, bowl of nuts x 2, tried a taste of regular Xmas pudding and Xmas cake (both too sweet, so left these). 2 tequila shots and a glass of red wine - 3 mile walk.

Last edited:

dannyc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all,

New to this forum, just wanted to check in and introduce myself.
Suffered a heart attack in April 2017 and I was diagnosed with T2 while being treated in hospital. I now take insulin injections to help control my diabetes. I'm told to measure my blood sugar levels first thing in the morning just before breakfast and again just before my evening meal.
Blood sugar levels for me seem to be about 7-8 as a norm.

Just a quick question, last night, three hours after eating, my BSL was 9.7
This morning (fasting) it was 10.1 and this was after 10 units of insulin last night when it was 9.7
Is this type of reading normal? I expected it to be less than 9.7 not more!!

Reactions: Prem51

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Morning all,

New to this forum, just wanted to check in and introduce myself.
Suffered a heart attack in April 2017 and I was diagnosed with T2 while being treated in hospital. I now take insulin injections to help control my diabetes. I'm told to measure my blood sugar levels first thing in the morning just before breakfast and again just before my evening meal.
Blood sugar levels for me seem to be about 7-8 as a norm.

Just a quick question, last night, three hours after eating, my BSL was 9.7
This morning (fasting) it was 10.1 and this was after 10 units of insulin last night when it was 9.7
Is this type of reading normal? I expected it to be less than 9.7 not more!!
Hi @dannyc you may have experienced a liver dump which would keep your numbers higher in the morning after fasting. If so your liver justs releases stored glucose to kick start your day. I will tag @daisy1 who can supply some basic information. Once you have consumed this, ask further questions in a new thread under the forum (this will save months of trial and error), if you are not sure where to post don't worry, newbies are cut some slack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you this journey is easy but hard at the same time. LCHF is great as it prepares you to possibly go Keto and or fast. I have

Your words are very kind, and it goes to show how we can all help one another. You have now given me more strength to maintain my regime over this Christmas period and hopefully beyond. I have found what is working for me recently is to one meal a day (although my version is a meal and a nuts and dark chocolate afters, so 2 meals in 1 effectively). I get my 10 k steps in now-ish (at about three quarter maximal pace) and have herbal teas and coffees. I have been doing this for 2 or 3 days a week and decided to extend this week with 1 significant change - I have removed yogurt, it is clear with me that this holds my weight in check. So I get to keep the nuts in my diet (had 2 helpings yesterday circa 1200 calories and still lost 0.5 kg). This is the impact for me with my Fitbit and Withings / Nokia scales:

View attachment 24790 View attachment 24791

So I have reached my first goal of 85 kg, and am on my way to less than 10% body fat.

Edited: To change cheese to yogurt.
Hi
I still found it amazing; you are keeping track of everything so that you know what's working for you. As for me, I have combined the Thai cooking which I know by now what's good for the body.

Change of the subject:
I signed up to SWIM 22 miles for Diabetic UK. Meanwhile, it's quite difficult to get sponsorships coming in and in 2014 I swum for the Commic Relief, Heart UK, now I just want to do Diabetic UK.Old age creeping in, have less energy

My story: I am a foreigner in this country, I am thankful to the NHS and The Diabetic UK,for proving the care and support towards people who have a long term illnesses/conditions. One of them is ( Diabetes). I want to put back some money into the system, towards the research and raise awareness; while I still have the energy but my have a biggest Problem:
I CANNOT DO IT ALONE.
I apologise for weird English (It's my second language).

Enough said for now. If you likes to have a look at my giving page here is the link:
www.justgiving.com/fundraising/lamduan-matthews1
Thank you all for taking time reading this.
D.J 001

Reactions: mo53 and Prem51

James13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
14.0 after 10 hours fasting.

It's been in the 11s and 12s for a while now. I had to drop back to 1g of metformin as 2g was causing me a lot of sickness and dizziness. GP and diabetes nurse aware of this though.

A1c has gone up from 52 to 59.

Hope every one had a good Christmas.