Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi ally do you eat carbs and what is a typical meal for you, just wondering if making some adjustment to what you eat would work for you? Not saying you should follow what I do but my BG doesn't go so high in a morning it's usually in 6s, but I do intermittent fasting has it helps with BG control and weight loss which is what I needed 12 months ago,and I do the fasting just by not eating after my evening meal upto mid morning or lunchtime next day. But if you did try it just try a shorter period of fasting and see how you get along!K

JanetMcDowell

Hi Janet your managing to keep low 6s and after Christmas that's good,hopefully we can get them lower in next few weeks! K

I hope it will come back down to the 5’s and it’s just my liver dumping after Christmas excess including more alcohol than usual. Find diet control harder whilst living with the family.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Prem, have you always not have medication to control your blood sugar? How do you do it?
No I was never prescribed meds. My HbA1c at diagnosis was 49, and I brought it down to 44 by my 3 month retest, and have kept it below 47 since then. By cutting sugar and carbs, and walking.

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I hope it will come back down to the 5’s and it’s just my liver dumping after Christmas excess including more alcohol than usual. Find diet control harder whilst living with the family.
My son stayed over Christmas and into new year and I know what you mean we will get back to 5 s I've no doubt about that good luck to us both and thank goodness it only comes round once a year!K

Last edited:
Reactions: Freema and bigjim19

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.1 @ 08:50

Cough & cold has arrived.

Alf
It's a terrible time of year for nasty bugs, I've had them before Christmas so I hope your soon feeling better just keep warm and drink plenty fluids! Preferably not the alcoholic types! HahaK

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Same here I’m afraid.

The “high fat” bit of LCHF diet raised my cholesterol to dangerous level!

So I’ve been advised by my GP to reduce saturated fat and eat healthy fats instead from oily fish, avocados, chia seeds etc.
That's what I do for fats along with nuts.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Trouble is I live with my family or visa versa permanently sometimes it's a battle to stay on track.