Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Margaretjamieson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone! Took my reading 9.3 and thought that’s going up again...took another straight away 8.6 and so feeling a bit better about it took another to get 9.1! So I realise that bs changes all the time and it is the average trending downward or upward that’s important so based on that my average is something like 9. Arrh!

Happyhomelands

Good morning everyone! Took my reading 9.3 and thought that’s going up again...took another straight away 8.6 and so feeling a bit better about it took another to get 9.1! So I realise that bs changes all the time and it is the average trending downward or upward that’s important so based on that my average is something like 9. Arrh!
You made me smile retesting for a better reading is me hopping on and off the scales. Let's hope that your glucose settles into a reducing trend. Have a great morning

JanetMcDowell

Red wine is one of the great pleasures so I hope you enjoyed it. I don't know about you or any others but I tend to use it for balancing out carbs when at family celebrations when it is almost impossible to avoid higher carbs e.g. my children's weddings.

Yes I tend to do the same especially when eating out and it is more difficult to know how many carbs are involved. Red wine does the trick.

Reactions: Margaretjamieson