Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
difference maybe as this can sometimes spoil my morning and/or day and get me obsessed with diabetes - not good! Have a great day everyone!!!
It is certainly true from my experience that you can get "hyped Up" about readings and take more chasing lower numbers. This is usually counter productive. Best advice I can give is that it is a reading not a test with a pass or fail - it helps you see how your body has reacted to what has been going on in your life so you can decide if all is as you want.

Margaretjamieson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is certainly true from my experience that you can get "hyped Up" about readings and take more chasing lower numbers. This is usually counter productive. Best advice I can give is that it is a reading not a test with a pass or fail - it helps you see how your body has reacted to what has been going on in your life so you can decide if all is as you want.

Thank you - that does make sense, I’ll try and adjust the way I am thinking. After all, my readings throughout the day are good and post meals are under 8.5 so going on the positives! I appreciate your advice and I’m going to stick to one reading and not chase.

Margaretjamieson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 at 8:30

Bit better than yesterday but still a little disappointing. Have been low carbing for a few weeks so was hoping for more of an improvement by now.

Ho hum. Another creamy coffee and out with the dog in the snow - not such a bad life xx

I know how difficult to get the FBG down I’m the same been low carving for a while but I think everyone is so different and so many factors affect our readings. Keep going!

Reactions: mo53 and DJC3

Margaretjamieson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.8 this morning...meh. Good clean few days ahead of me with no distractions like lunches or people coming round. Got in some good low carb stuff just in case we get snowed in.

I know it’s not the reading you want but you’re planning ahead again so well done to you for that. I’m not good at planning ahead and want to be better at it!

Reactions: JohnEGreen

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know how difficult to get the FBG down I’m the same been low carving for a while but I think everyone is so different and so many factors affect our readings. Keep going!

Thanks for the encouraging reply @Margaretjamieson. Its good to know there are others like you out there, think I would be tempted to give up if I felt I was on my own

Reactions: Margaretjamieson