Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blimey! I wouldn't be rushing back if they scare you haha! Lucky you got out alive!

I am now thinking about inviting my mates for an Italian dinner as well, def more pasta but this time I might end up in the
A & E !

hahaha !

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'm confused: yesterday (my first test) 6.0, then after a mug of tea with lactofree skimmed milk and no sugar, porridge (made with semi-skimmed lactofree milk & Xylitol) and coffee with lactofree skimmed milk & no sugar 5.3, after pork pie (with pastry removed) & cheese (manchego) salad & 1/2 apple for lunch 5.2, after faggots, mushy peas, a small amount of mash & onion gravy (spelt flour) followed by fruit salad for dinner 5.7, then first thing (for me; about 09.30) 6.2. I don't get the logic.
I'm using an SD Codefree: does anybody else have similar issues?
This is diabetes logic does not apply.

Reactions: Rachox and bigjim19

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
So sorry to hear about your mum @Mal37 . I know what that feels like and send you the biggest virtual hugs. Take care.
Thank you so much Debandez. So kind iof you. Sorry I've not been on here for a few days as my time is limited with all the running baround I'm doing for Mum's funeral. xx

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm confused: yesterday (my first test) 6.0, then after a mug of tea with lactofree skimmed milk and no sugar, porridge (made with semi-skimmed lactofree milk & Xylitol) and coffee with lactofree skimmed milk & no sugar 5.3, after pork pie (with pastry removed) & cheese (manchego) salad & 1/2 apple for lunch 5.2, after faggots, mushy peas, a small amount of mash & onion gravy (spelt flour) followed by fruit salad for dinner 5.7, then first thing (for me; about 09.30) 6.2. I don't get the logic.

Looks like dawn phenomenon, have a read here:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-glucose/dawn-phenomenon.html

Reactions: GrumpyOldPhart

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much Debandez. So kind iof you. Sorry I've not been on here for a few days as my time is limited with all the running baround I'm doing for Mum's funeral. xx
When the funeral is over you will begin to pick up the pieces.... slowly. I hope you are coping. You will want to give your mum the best send off. And you will. Thinking of you.

GrumpyOldPhart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for that Rachox. It was interesting, but as I'm not on meds for D, that leaves carbs as a cause, but I can't remember the last time I had a midnight feast in the dorm, so to speak; occasionally I might have a few nuts or perhaps a piece of very dark chocolate, but that's about it for my sins! I've also been unable to take alcohol for more years than I care to remember so carbs from that isn't going to happen either :-(} Might it be due to the fact that I had some of my liver removed when it was thought I could have had cancer of the gall bladder that might possibly have infiltrated the liver? Just a thought.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for that Rachox. It was interesting, but as I'm not on meds for D, that leaves carbs as a cause, but I can't remember the last time I had a midnight feast in the dorm, so to speak; occasionally I might have a few nuts or perhaps a piece of very dark chocolate, but that's about it for my sins! I've also been unable to take alcohol for more years than I care to remember so carbs from that isn't going to happen either :-(} Might it be due to the fact that I had some of my liver removed when it was thought I could have had cancer of the gall bladder that might possibly have infiltrated the liver? Just a thought.

Sorry to hear about your gall bladder and liver problems, I hope you are well from that now.
Dawn Phenomenon, as I understand it isn’t related to a midnight feast or indeed any food intake, either carb loaded or low carb. It’s the liver chucking out glucose into the bloodstream in response to release of various hormones, just before waking to prepare your body for getting up and starting your day. Non diabetics get it too but have normal insulin responses to use the glucose more effectively, we as Type 2s can’t deal with it efficiently hence the rise in blood sugar level without eating.

GrumpyOldPhart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear about your gall bladder and liver problems, I hope you are well from that now.
Dawn Phenomenon, as I understand it isn’t related to a midnight feast or indeed any food intake, either carb loaded or low carb. It’s the liver chucking out glucose into the bloodstream in response to release of various hormones, just before waking to prepare your body for getting up and starting your day. Non diabetics get it too but have normal insulin responses to use the glucose more effectively, we as Type 2s can’t deal with it efficiently hence the rise in blood sugar level without eating.
So, in effect: nothing to worry about; it's normal. (There's a surprise: me? normal????) ;-)}

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
5.4 at 5:20 am.

Bugga! hope your vehicle is not to badly damaged mate.

No it’s just pushed the front wing up a shade and cracked the fibreglass bumper in two place so nothing drastic guys gonna pay cash for the repair rather than go through the insurance it was just a bit of a shock I was watching him reverse but couldn’t do anything about it

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

All fine number really nothing to Worry about

D

Deleted member 308541

I was watching him reverse but couldn’t do anything about it
emoji37.png
Like watching some arschloch rear ending you in the rear view mirror at the lights.

Reactions: bigjim19