Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
6.7 today sometimes don’t understand these readings had beef casserole a small piece of puff pastry and half a reheated potato for dinner last night washed down later with a few vodka and diet cokes expected a higher reading! Strange

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from Florida, will be boarding the ship in a couple of hours. Yesterday was extremely stressful at times and way too long, however apart from one random very high 8 taken just to prove that stress does indeed raise BG levels, I’ve not recorded an 8 in all the time I’ve been testing so stress is most definately something to avoid all other readings were on par with a normal day at home/work and I did eat a tiny bit of rice and a mini sandwich a slice of cake so I can’t complain.
This morning taken about an hour after getting up and showering etc 6.2 so I’m more than happy, let the holidays commence.
I hope everyone has a good week or so while I’m away, take care and be as good as you can be. X

Have a lovely holiday Jayne!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a lovely holiday Jayne!
Thank you, just waiting for my body clock to adjust, getting to Florida was not a great experience but we are now sailing and the weather is beautiful. I am going to relax food restrictions a little as I’m on holiday, breakfasts are easy to maintain though.
Take care and have a good week.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HELLO, I’m not shouting it’s just that I’m a long way away lol
My wonderful other half bought me an internet package so I can keep in touch, it will be intermittent though, holidays are for enjoying, relaxing and having an occasional oopage moment so I will only check in now and then.
Getting here was a very long, tiring and stressful day, I saw a reading of 8 at one point! Not seen one of those since I started testing 10 months ago and do not want to see it again, stress is not good.
Today is first full day of being in holiday mode just need my body clock to adjust, I’m 5hrs behind UK here but at 5.30am local time I’m wide awake. Meter says 6.2 which is what I might see on a normal day at home and considering I wasn’t a good girl for the entire day yesterday I’m not going to beat myself up over it.

JanetMcDowell

HELLO, I’m not shouting it’s just that I’m a long way away lol
My wonderful other half bought me an internet package so I can keep in touch, it will be intermittent though, holidays are for enjoying, relaxing and having an occasional oopage moment so I will only check in now and then.
Getting here was a very long, tiring and stressful day, I saw a reading of 8 at one point! Not seen one of those since I started testing 10 months ago and do not want to see it again, stress is not good.
Today is first full day of being in holiday mode just need my body clock to adjust, I’m 5hrs behind UK here but at 5.30am local time I’m wide awake. Meter says 6.2 which is what I might see on a normal day at home and considering I wasn’t a good girl for the entire day yesterday I’m not going to beat myself up over it.

Go Janey. Enjoy yourself.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, just waiting for my body clock to adjust, getting to Florida was not a great experience but we are now sailing and the weather is beautiful. I am going to relax food restrictions a little as I’m on holiday, breakfasts are easy to maintain though.
Take care and have a good week.

Where are you sailing to?

I went on a 12 day cruise to Bahamas, Cancun, St Lucia etc in 1998. It was wonderful.

Enjoy!

Reactions: ianpspurs

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Where are you sailing to?

I went on a 12 day cruise to Bahamas, Cancun, St Lucia etc in 1998. It was wonderful.

Enjoy!
We love cruising too, we are only on a short trip this time visiting Haiti, Jamaica and Mexico. All trips so far have been Caribbean islands but we are considering East Coast America and Canada for the next one :)