Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Ally Pally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The colour pink!
Quarterly check up done and dusted.
Fbs: 6.1
HbA1c: 6.8 (very acceptable by Swiss Standards)
BP: slightly raised today (stress)
Feet check: all OK, soft skin apparently (?)
AND - I’ve lost a further kg since last check up.

Ally Pally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The colour pink!
Your October A1c suggests you get it in general very well so don't over think it at the granular level. As W S Churchil,l allegedly, said keep muggering on - had trouble with b that day:angelic:
@Ally Pally congratulations on results:)

thanks for congrats. I still don’t understand / can’t get over the different way of thinking UK vs. CH. Once again told definitely no fasting or allowing blood sugar to go below 5 and to keep carbs at 100 per day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks for congrats. I still don’t understand / can’t get over the different way of thinking UK vs. CH. Once again told definitely no fasting or allowing blood sugar to go below 5 and to keep carbs at 100 per day.
Right now there is absolutely no thinking going on in any part of the UK where it is essential - totes feral. Good news is it can and will only get worse:)

Reactions: Ally Pally

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I don't understand as I ate so much last night including egg noodles and brown rice !

I have tried similar when all my numbers were in the normal area for a long time...

I think what has happened is that your insuline respons has been massive because of an unusual high carb meal....

the problem is only if this makes one believe one can eat more relaxed in general then... which I did ... then the diabetes creeps in in a more grave form like initially ... so if one is really strickt in general one cheat day a month is not what ruins the whole pciture...BUT BEWARE... well maybe a few are truely cured from diabetes I think... but most are prone to get it back very rapidly if not it is just sleeping for the whole while underneath..

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have tried similar when all my numbers were in the normal area for a long time...

I think what has happened is that your insuline respons has been massive because of an unusual high carb meal....

the problem is only if this makes one believe one can eat more relaxed in general then... which I did ... then the diabetes creeps in in a more grave form like initially ... so if one is really strickt in general one cheat day a month is not what ruins the whole pciture...BUT BEWARE... well maybe a few are truely cured from diabetes I think... but most are prone to get it back very rapidly if not it is just sleeping for the whole while underneath..

I totally agree. I think my body responded by producing more insulin to compensate for the high carb meal last night.
But I wouldn't do it again.

D

Deleted member 308541

It's on a web site? My GP didn't explain what hba1c was let alone give me the result. How do I find this website please?

EDIT: Oops - just noticed that you're in Australia and I'm on the other side of the globe, so your web sit won't work for me :cat:
Yes, it's Australian and you also need a Medicare number to set up a account with My Gov.

Thanks @keefidee,
Thanks @ViolaChiri

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 at 4:50 am.

My hba1c was 34 mmol/l or 5.3% again, very pleased with that seeing as I had those wild readings in December. My GP is very happy, and suggested that I drop one Metformin 500 a day for the next three months then see the results of the next test.
2 pieces of excellent news. Couldn't happen to a better fella from what I have read into your posts.

Reactions: keefidee

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 at 4:50 am.

My hba1c was 34 mmol/l or 5.3% again, very pleased with that seeing as I had those wild readings in December. My GP is very happy, and suggested that I drop one Metformin 500 a day for the next three months then see the results of the next test.

Great result @Tipetoo congratulations.

Reactions: keefidee