Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yesterday morning 6.1 measured by the nurse at my GP, but also only had 35 grams of carbs the day before... expecting my next HbA1c to be much higher like maybe 42 or 44 .... due to long time much higher numbers in general :wideyed: have to wait for the results

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning and I joined the low carb program yesterday - be interesting to see if I can lower my readings.
Ive been toying with the idea of joining since i was diagnosed. Read mixed reviews. I'm very interested to see how you get on :happy:

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
Ive been toying with the idea of joining since i was diagnosed. Read mixed reviews. I'm very interested to see how you get on :happy:
It seems OK so far. It's certainly easy to keep a track on the carbs you're eating and there are some good recipes/videos/information. I'll keep you posted.

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems OK so far. It's certainly easy to keep a track on the carbs you're eating and there are some good recipes/videos/information. I'll keep you posted.
Sounds good. Ive now started to count my carbs as I never did before. How much is it to join, if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: Shas3

Mel1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My fasting blood sugar is usually between 12 and 15, occasionally 20+. I am on maximum metformin, liraglytide, glicazate and have really cut down on carbs and fruit. I have not had anything with sugar - no cakes, biscuits, chocolate etc for months and have lost 4 stone in weight. I don't know what else I can do to get my BS down. My diabetic nurse wants me to go on insulin but I have resisted for a couple of years now. Is this my only option?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My fasting blood sugar is usually between 12 and 15, occasionally 20+. I am on maximum metformin, liraglytide, glicazate and have really cut down on carbs and fruit. I have not had anything with sugar - no cakes, biscuits, chocolate etc for months and have lost 4 stone in weight. I don't know what else I can do to get my BS down. My diabetic nurse wants me to go on insulin but I have resisted for a couple of years now. Is this my only option?
Hi Mel, welcome to the forums. So as not to derail this thread, I’ll just put in a link for you with the info we always give new members of the forum:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.26870/
Pay particular attention to the role of carbohydrates. Any further questions please feel free to write your own post in an appropriate sub forum.