Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
@Clivethedrive . I wonder if you could help please. I remember you posted a chart which showed hcb1 results against average results for bs. I got 44 and looked for it to see what was as average but can't find it. Can you help me please? Thank you.
Just saw your post mo53, i'm away on tour and coverage is patchy if non existent i see you have been shown a chart converter,is that able to answer your question?, please feel free tp pm me if you need any assistance clive,

Reactions: 12 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning, that's a whole week of 5's 'Happy Dance'!!! :D:):joyful::happy:. It's definitely exercise helping to get this ;)

Reactions: 20 people

DR123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
DR123
Who took the sun away!! Rain+++++ here in Swansea
FBG @8.30 7.9
Hope all of you who are feeling yucky feel better soon sending you all a ' cwtch '( a Welsh hug) ☺

Reactions: 28 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Good day all long time no see ..fbg 6.8

Reactions: 30 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After my nice run of fasting 5s, I'm back up in the 6s again.

So far this week 6.2, 6.0, and today at 6.12 am up to 6.6. It seem that my body will only put up with lower levels for a limited time as this usually happens... :eek:

Robbity

Reactions: 21 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Notice that a lot of your fastings are under 4
I would be hypo
Do you feel OK in the mornings? Sometimes I can go hypo at 4.5

Best wishes
Hi Cumberland,i believe you are T1, and i am T2, and thats the important bit, my bs's have never risen above 4.0 am fasting now since i hit my target weight of 12st 12 lbs and 2hrs after dinner 6.8mmols or under. I have never experienced any kind of hypo or hyper...since diagnoses nearly three years ago,only thing i did get was neuropathy of the feet. And the usual thirst and peeing in the night...but all that ceased upon getting bs's under 5.5 mmols about 18 months ago...you would be surprised if you knew how strict i am with my food portions and exercise regime..which helps a great deal...this forum and the great posters are my lifeline..and the Great Dr Richard Bernstein
If there is anything i can help you with please pm me very best wishes clive

Reactions: 9 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
4.6 on this wonderful morning downunder

Reactions: 18 people

Buxtonstill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
After a long period of no control, I have taken stock, and I am eating 20-30g of carbs a day. Have been doing this for nearly a week. Cannot get my bg under 10. Will it take a long time for it to slowly climb down? Surely if I am having neg carbs, the level should be going down significantly? It has been as high as 16 at some points today. I take 500mg metforminn every 8 hours.

Reactions: 12 people