Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, I had 5.3 this morning and had lost a bit of weight after not having any appetite for days.

Reactions: 11 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Myself I like it the way it is. SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT
I need as much as I can. It's a very successful thread.
Maybe you could start a new thread to make a start. Upload one?
I hope I'm not too fussy but I rely on this thread as it is. Sorry.
Well said, I agree with you ickihun

Reactions: 16 people

minidvr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Politics, Celebrity Life Styles being pushed as the ideal.
4.7 at 0545 am.

Reactions: 16 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I am probably not the first to say this here ..... but aren't we missing a trick here ?

Shouldn't this have been a poll or something and at least provide some form of statistic ?

Could Diabetes.co.uk maybe run and online spreadsheet with say drop down on usual parameters e.g. sex, age etc. and an entry for the GL and that way capture some very useful information ?
It's a good idea, but maybe not this thread. I do keep a spreadsheet of my own record and I would recommend that folks do the same, and that way you can keep an eye on your average BG, which is more important than any single day's measure.

Reactions: 12 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
I am probably not the first to say this here ..... but aren't we missing a trick here ?

Shouldn't this have been a poll or something and at least provide some form of statistic ?

Could Diabetes.co.uk maybe run and online spreadsheet with say drop down on usual parameters e.g. sex, age etc. and an entry for the GL and that way capture some very useful information ?

Hi. There is certainly a lot to be said for stats being informative on a general level..and maybe it is an idea to make some kind of info like that available (wee bit of work involved there, I'm sure), but we are all individuals whatever the general trends tell us and here individuals get to feel more part of a community. Personally, that's why I joined - for info, for feedback, for interaction with others with common issues. Now my approach is better and I am far more in control (largely thanks to the advice or just encouragement of others)..and I think I might even be of benefit to others by passing on what I have learned. Let's keep it human please.

Reactions: 7 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Up to 6.0 this morning after a nice wee pile of 5 pointers...still...could be a lot worse. By the way, I realise I post at very odd times...and I think..it's because I am very odd.

Reactions: 22 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up to 6.0 this morning after a nice wee pile of 5 pointers...still...could be a lot worse. By the way, I realise I post at very odd times...and I think..it's because I am very odd.
Not so old I have 10 years on you! I'm still watching a film. How's the weather ip there

Reactions: 9 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apologies plienster, just realised you said ODD not old. Sorry, obviously my eyes still haven't recovered from the eye op yet. Sorry

Reactions: 7 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Apologies plienster, just realised you said ODD not old. Sorry, obviously my eyes still haven't recovered from the eye op yet. Sorry

Hiya. Definitely odd...and getting there with the "old" for sure. :rolleyes: It's freezin up here with more snow on the way. Hope the eyes feel better real soon...still won't stop me being old though! Paul

Reactions: 9 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
6.0 today.
Actually, no. It was 4.9

I normally test after I've got up, brushed my teeth, attended to my bathroom needs and dressed, before eating.

Today I decided to do it before I got out of bed, just as an experiment. That read 6.0. Half an hour it was 4.9. 4.9 is more consistent with my previous measures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 19 people