Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5.6 @3am
5.9 @4:30am 1hr post breakfast
7.1 @5:30am 2hr post breakfast and 1hr into gym, stopped gym after getting the hypo symptoms BG 7.9 put it down to just low energy.
Currently 11.4 @7am whoops liver must have dumped glucose after I had the shakes, will test again at 8am, lesson learned, I will be taking a smoothie with me next time.

9.0 @8am will test again before lunch hopefully it'll be back to a reasonable number by then.
Hi @Stallen. Do you think it was a hypo even thou 7.9? Because of your 5s I'd guess your shakes were from a hyper in comparison. Just keep it in mind. I might be wrong but just something to keep in mind. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning All. = 2/3/16.

5.8 at 9am - :)

Reactions: 22 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.55am 8.1 (making sure I take my tablets 12hrs apart. Will continue until they build up or my BG reading come down). sitagliptin 100mg 8pm 2x1000 glucophage SR 8am

Reactions: 23 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning - it's under the 6 :facepalm:. I need to be good this month. I have a wedding to go to :happy:. Have a nice day all! ;)

Reactions: 26 people

maisiepug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
idiots who think they know everything but they really know nothing
9.0 at 9 am I must really get a hold of my self and give my self a good talking too being so irresponsible at the moment got so many things going on in my life, my eyes are getting worse all the time and can hardly see at all now without my glasses, consultant still says he isn't sure what it is, think I am going to change hospitals. If OH loses his PIP assessment and we lose the car element then he cannot get to work (disabled) and so he will lose his job, then we lose the house etc, etc. GP says everyone has stress every day I would like him to have some of mine for me for a change. Eating well has totally gone out of the door and so my levels are rising as well, GP also says that he is going to put me on medication if it doesn't improve. No way.
Sorry gone off the thread just needed to vent.
Just ignore me.

Reactions: 6 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
5.7 at 9am...happy enough with that, and with my average meter reading this week of 5.9 (first time it's been under 6.0 since diagnosis in April 2015!)...of course that's just from readings taken; I bet it's sneakily up around 12 or 13 when I'm no lookin! Still...feels good.

Reactions: 22 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Hi @Stallen. Do you think it was a hypo even thou 7.9? Because of your 5s I'd guess your shakes were from a hyper in comparison. Just keep it in mind. I might be wrong but just something to keep in mind. :)

Hi ickihun,
I would normally get the shakes and weak legs around the 4 mark and below, it certainly felt identical this morning, but as I was working out I carried on under the impression I was fatigued rather than low and didn't check my BG until about 20 mins after the start of the shakes, so the 7.9 reading could easily have been my liver already starting to dump before I did test. It's a bit Unknown that's why I put symptoms rather than saying a hypo, it may have been a false hypo but whatever it was it stopped my workout I'm guessing I don't have enough fuel in the tank for the length of time I like to workout for, the BG of 11.4 was a bit of a shock

I'm going to increase my calories and see if that works as I'm pretty much done with my weight loss.

My levels now are back in the 5s. 5.4@10:30am :)

2 hours post lunch BG 5.9 :pompous:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 20 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning. 8.1 on waking. 8.1 an hour later. Low carb usual breakfast then 2 hours later 10.1 ! High for me so must be the cold and headache. :(

@maisiepug . So sorry to hear about your problems. Fingers crossed for your OH's PIP assessment.

Reactions: 13 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
9.0 at 9 am I must really get a hold of my self and give my self a good talking too being so irresponsible at the moment got so many things going on in my life, my eyes are getting worse all the time and can hardly see at all now without my glasses, consultant still says he isn't sure what it is, think I am going to change hospitals. If OH loses his PIP assessment and we lose the car element then he cannot get to work (disabled) and so he will lose his job, then we lose the house etc, etc. GP says everyone has stress every day I would like him to have some of mine for me for a change. Eating well has totally gone out of the door and so my levels are rising as well, GP also says that he is going to put me on medication if it doesn't improve. No way.
Sorry gone off the thread just needed to vent.
Just ignore me.
Hi maisiepug, Sorry you have a lot of stress at the moment it does sometimes happen to us all at times, I know its easy to say but take a deep breath and try and relax and keep telling yourself you can do this, we are all with you, you are never alone on this site. :happy:

Reactions: 8 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hiya. Definitely odd...and getting there with the "old" for sure. :rolleyes: It's freezin up here with more snow on the way. Hope the eyes feel better real soon...still won't stop me being old though! Paul
Hi sorry agsin, I feel such a twit!!!! Anyway your not old, wish I was your age, it's snowing like mad here, a real blizzard, Sutton Coldfield/Birmingham, Having next op 17th March so you might get some more odd txts ha ha. Have great day everyone. My bags are 7.8 this morning

Reactions: 12 people

WexTom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.6 the other morning, 8.2 this morning! Yet day times are down to lowest 5.8 up to 7.1.. Only recent diagnosed so really huge change of diet last 4 weeks, and seems to be working? But the Morning???
Type 2 by the way..

Reactions: 30 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
8.6 the other morning, 8.2 this morning! Yet day times are down to lowest 5.8 up to 7.1.. Only recent diagnosed so really huge change of diet last 4 weeks, and seems to be working? But the Morning???
Type 2 by the way..
Something called the "Dawn Phenomenon", or "Liver dump". I don't have much experience of this, but as far as I understand it's your liver preparing for the new day by giving you a shot of sugar energy - nobody told your liver that you're diabetic.

Reactions: 8 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Type 2 by the way..
Well done with making changes. Many posters find the fasting bg to be the last to co-operate. You will get the results you want if you persevere. Keep up the good work. :)

Reactions: 10 people