Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmm 8.1 today ... might be the prosecco and biscuits last night :( back at 7.0 pre breakfast ... will be 100% LCHF today

Reactions: 28 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
5.6 @3am
5.9 @4:30am 1hr post breakfast
7.1 @5:30am 2hr post breakfast and 1hr into gym, stopped gym after getting the hypo symptoms BG 7.9 put it down to just low energy.
Currently 11.4 @7am whoops liver must have dumped glucose after I had the shakes, will test again at 8am, lesson learned, I will be taking a smoothie with me next time.

9.0 @8am will test again before lunch hopefully it'll be back to a reasonable number by then.

5.4 @10:30am
5.9 @1PM 2hrs post lunch

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 26 people

wintertouched

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Newly joined, so heya. Tested at 6.9 this morning, fasting but severely dehydrated. My poor eyes felt like marbles, ugh.

Reactions: 26 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Before evening meal 6.2( probably because I still get stressed with cooking and was doing a lot to freeze) and then 2 hours after 4.7. Nothing to eat or drink afterwards except water. I'm just aware I don't fit into the standard pattern but then we are all different.

Reactions: 23 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg a very very shaky 2.8. Getting a bit worried. I'm being good on lchf with a bit of cake yesterday for my sons birthday. I'm convinced my insulin builds up and has a knock on affect. No weight loss. Not surprised. That's insulin for you.
I've reduced insulin again just a little. Will reduce it again today. I'll get it more 'normal'. Still happy to lchf. Feels normal to me now. Carbs beware! Ha ha Feel I've turned a corner. :) :) :)

Reactions: 16 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I tried celeriac chips for the first time last night - pre bed reading 7.8 and this morning I was 6.7 :)

Reactions: 31 people