Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
9.0 at 9 am I must really get a hold of my self and give my self a good talking too being so irresponsible at the moment got so many things going on in my life, my eyes are getting worse all the time and can hardly see at all now without my glasses, consultant still says he isn't sure what it is, think I am going to change hospitals. If OH loses his PIP assessment and we lose the car element then he cannot get to work (disabled) and so he will lose his job, then we lose the house etc, etc. GP says everyone has stress every day I would like him to have some of mine for me for a change. Eating well has totally gone out of the door and so my levels are rising as well, GP also says that he is going to put me on medication if it doesn't improve. No way.
Sorry gone off the thread just needed to vent.
Just ignore me.
Hi maisiepug,1 st 9 mmols isn't too bad..not good ,i would say that you are experiencing diabetic neuropathy,it is because of highish bs levels, so ist if you are not already eat lchf..full fat yogurt and cream olive oils and bacon, fish ,eggs,nuts ,avocado's all these things will help to fill you up and keep you satiated...without making you put on weight.
If you eat four small meals of lchf at regular intervals...your bs will drop and your retinopathy will abate
We all get stressed at times .so learn not to worry about things that are beyond our control and deal with your immiediate concerns 1 st
If you need some more help or guidance feel free to pm me.clive

Reactions: 11 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 today be interesting to see if it goes up after my 30 min swim, still don't understand exercise/BG connection!

Reactions: 23 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
6.3 today. Maybe I don't tolerate KFC as well as I thought I did. Hmm ...

Reactions: 30 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 6.1 at 0615 today.
I was getting high 5s last four days after having a couple of glasses a Merlot the previous night. I didn't have any last night.
I will have some tonight to see if I am lower again tomorrow. Purely in the interest of scientific research. ;)

Reactions: 23 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
6.6 today be interesting to see if it goes up after my 30 min swim, still don't understand exercise/BG connection!
Raised cortisol levels when exercising can raise bgs. Once those cortisol levels drop so should your bg. Should. Mine somedays catch me out. Avoid stressful exercise.

Reactions: 8 people