Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 at 6.25am when I woke.

Couldn't get back to. sleep again so scoffed coffee & cream and a piece of my fat ball variant: coconut butter and oil slab made with added cocoa, powdered erythritol and peppermint essence - a sort of melt in the mouth low carb version of After Eight mints. Finally went back to sleep and snoozed again most of the day. I'll have to set every alarm clock I can find as I've got my 6 monthly review with GP at 9.20am tomorrow morning. Hopefully he'll agree to another HbA1c so I can check my predicted results against it.:D

Robbity

Reactions: 21 people

v4victory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7 at 7.10am
Bkfast was coffee, a few nuts and spoonful of cottage cheese. (I wasn't hungry but just ate these to avoid liver dumping.)
Two hours later, bgl was 8.7
What am I doing wrong? Not enough breakfast?

Reactions: 20 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
7 at 7.10am
Bkfast was coffee, a few nuts and spoonful of cottage cheese. (I wasn't hungry but just ate these to avoid liver dumping.)
Two hours later, bgl was 8.7
What am I doing wrong? Not enough breakfast?
Hello v4 victory, well done on your controls, i find that keeping nice and consistent with meal times and portions help to moderate my livers output of excess glucose....but this is what our livers do..excrete excess glucose until we are back to " normal" so steady as you go,keep posting and let us know how your doing, clive

Reactions: 12 people

v4victory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello v4 victory, well done on your controls, i find that keeping nice and consistent with meal times and portions help to moderate my livers output of excess glucose....but this is what our livers do..excrete excess glucose until we are back to " normal" so steady as you go,keep posting and let us know how your doing, clive
Thanks Clive. After the 8.7 reading I sent a message to the liver to stop dumping. The message consisted of 3 rashes of bacon, half a small avocado, a small egg, and 3 slices red capsicum. I think it worked because 3 and a half hours later the latest reading is now 5.2. I guess the liver got the message. Lol!

ekundayo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
bad food
so tonight 5.4 after banana so reduced nightime levemir - I now must really record these figures and corresponding carbs / food and insulin - no longer satisfied with being lazy as has health implications big time. so day number 2 at the forum - really need to maintain my motivation to do this diabetes management beyond more than a few days / weeks - one day at a time I suppose !

Reactions: 11 people

ekundayo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
bad food
so tonight 5.4 after banana so reduced nightime levemir - I now must really record these figures and corresponding carbs / food and insulin - no longer satisfied with being lazy as has health implications big time. so day number 2 at the forum - really need to maintain my motivation to do this diabetes management beyond more than a few days / weeks - one day at a time I suppose !
one thing I will enjoy is revamping my food shopping list avocados, olive oil, fresh basil are king.
please anyone with useful spreadsheet for monitoring send through - now for bed and wicked BG in the morning, I hope.

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Aggression, violence, bad language, class-riddenness.
6.0 millimoles per litre on 30/03/2016 at 2:05 am.

Reactions: 17 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
4.7 this morning

Reactions: 18 people