Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 and last day of holiday so really pleased that food wise my body now seems to cope so much better.

Reactions: 12 people
D

debrasue

Delighted with a 5.8 this morning - especially as we went to our favourite Indian last night for first time since diagnosis :) had Prawn Malai and around 6/7 spoons of rice. Think that expirememt worked ;)
Well done, @PenfoldAPD - you're doing great! I find that I can tolerate a little rice without any effect on BGs now, too - up to around 125g. Brown basmati with wild rice has become a favourite. :hungry:

Reactions: 7 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Happy birthday @Diamum5972 Have a lovely day, I hope the sun is shining for you as it is here.
Thank you @plantaganet, I had a lovely day thanks. I'm glad I didn't go overboard on the birthday treats, my fbg was 6.2 this morning :)

Reactions: 12 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 today.

Weight appears stuck again. 154 llb target pre-holiday missed

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 11 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 6.9 at 0530 today. A little higher than usual, might be due to eating almost a whole tub of Oppo Mint Choc ice cream last night!;) (I thought that drinking almost a whole bottle of Merlot might offset it :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all,

9.6 this morning. Not posted or tested for months, I am finding it hard to accept my type 2 diagnosis from a couple of years ago, not even sure when, even though I now have background retinopathy. I need to buck up my ideas!

Reactions: 11 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

Took some of britishpubs advice and spent the hottest part of the day in the bar watching the cricket and cooling down with beer.

Indian last night

FBG this morning was 5.5 which is perhaps better than I deserve :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people