Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A surprising 4.9 at 5:20am from 5.8 at 11:30 last night before bed. Was expecting much higher as we went to Carluccio's for dinner and I stuffed a large piece of focaccia down my throat with the starter.

Reactions: 7 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today :) taken 4 days to get it back in the 5s after fish and a few chips on Sunday evening. Did have pizza last night too - obviously just ate the topping ;)

Reactions: 9 people

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
4.6 @ 06:40 (really happy with my family watching the amount of carbs put on my plate - support goes a long way)

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

Another gorgeous day gown here ans a much better 4.8 to go with it :cool:

Reactions: 6 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 at 5:37 am VLCD day 3. Feeling good tho yesterday had some seriously baaaaad craving on chocolate as I saw my boyfriend drinking an icy cold choco drink

Time for my morning walk!

Have a happy healthy day everyone!
6ee0558ca8fd9d8e4f6f8d1bf9696258_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum
Try the 90% (7g of sugar per 100g) or 85% (tastes better but has about 14g per 100g) chocolate it has less sugar!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 8.2 because I didnt block my liver dump. Oh I've reduced my insulin too. Only took 22units so metformin can take the pressure more. Awaiting liver blood test results.
It's all about the liver not the pancreas for me!

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 today! And amazing thing happened last night... i ate rubbish (quavers, crackers with tiramasalata) and after eating my bgl went down!!! Boy it felt wierd like i was going to faint... 3rd day of fasting and the results are good hopefully it keeps getting better.

Reactions: 6 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5.7 today :) taken 4 days to get it back in the 5s after fish and a few chips on Sunday evening. Did have pizza last night too - obviously just ate the topping ;)
I do the same. Also my full limit has come right down on lchf. I cannot tolerate more than 2 mouthfuls of carbs.
Reducing insulin very very slowly but I want to be off insulin for xmas. Wish me luck?

Reactions: 7 people