Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Chris Thailand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My morning numbers over the last week or so:
4.5, 4.5, 4.2, 4.8, 4.4, 4.2, 5.1, 4.2, 3.7, 2.7, 4.2, 3.8.
We were away at the beach for 5 days of that but, for the most part, I kept temptation at bay. Knew something was wrong when I awoke with the 2.7 as I felt rotten but it soon passed.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
For the second morning in a row I woke up with a clammy back but this time two hours later, around 6am old time, and took two readings, 6.2 and 6.1, so not a hypo. Three hours later, 7.5 and breakfast.

Is that increase Dawn Phenomenon again?

PS I'm very upset by the new Italian earthquake. I adore the country.
There is a term called the Somogyi effect with insulin takers. Have you heard of it? Google it. It could be your answer.

A

asparagusp

There is a term called the Somogyi effect with insulin takers. Have you heard of it? Google it. It could be your answer.

Many, many thanks ickihun. Do I assume then between 6.1 went down first to low levels then back up to 7.5? Too much for me to get my head round. I will forward my month's readings to the nurse tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

asparagusp

As you get older you need more protein. I read this on Google -

Eating too little protein can result in these symptoms as well:
  • A sluggish metabolism.
  • Trouble losing weight.
  • Trouble building muscle mass.
  • Low energy levels and fatigue.
  • Poor concentration and trouble learning.
  • Moodiness and mood swings.
  • Muscle, bone and joint pain.
  • Blood sugar changes that can lead to diabetes.
More items...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys - I have posted on the other fasting thread asking the thread remain on topic. By on topic, I mean fasting scores and the odd supportive message. Additional topics should be covered either in a new thread or PM.

We are trying very had to let threads proceed, without intervention, so please play your own parts.

Reactions: 13lizanne

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Guys - I have posted on the other fasting thread asking the thread remain on topic. By on topic, I mean fasting scores and the odd supportive message. Additional topics should be covered either in a new thread or PM.

We are trying very had to let threads proceed, without intervention, so please play your own parts.
We've moved it to a PM now @AndBreathe , thanks for reminder.

Reactions: Liam1955