Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning my bg is still dropping (newly diagnosed). Why is 6s bad ? I thought the range was between 4-7 in the morning or fasting

My bg is 7.1

What is normal?
What is "normal" is far too tricky to answer. I can tell you that a year ago I was pretty much where you are re sugar levels and over the year I've been doing low carb along with a bit of diet and fasting my sugar levels in the morning are now in the 4-5 range and if they get into 6's I fast a little or calorie restrict. All this because generally it makes me feel so much better, more energised and less worried about the prospects of an ongoing illness.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
6.3 @ 7.30
Loooong cycle to work yesterday and a 2.5 mile cycle home at 10pm and I was 3.9 (accu-chek mobile) @ 10.30pm.
Liver dump ruined the good work

38candy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What is "normal" is far too tricky to answer. I can tell you that a year ago I was pretty much where you are re sugar levels and over the year I've been doing low carb along with a bit of diet and fasting my sugar levels in the morning are now in the 4-5 range and if they get into 6's I fast a little or calorie restrict. All this because generally it makes me feel so much better, more energised and less worried about the prospects of an ongoing illness.

Ok thanks that really helps it's only been 3 weeks and I totally get what you are saying now.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning my bg is still dropping (newly diagnosed). Why is 6s bad ? I thought the range was between 4-7 in the morning or fasting

My bg is 7.1

What is normal?
Hi @38candy 6s aren't bad. Anything between 4-7 (fbg) is good for T2s. My average is 6.3 which I am quite happy with.
I was concerned that my fbgs were creeping up into the high 6s, and could have gone higher, as I am due my 12 month HbA1c and review in September. So I am fasting to get it down.

You fbg of 7.1 isn't bad as you have only recently been diagnosed, and your readings are still falling. I expect you will get into the 4-7 target range soon. :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi @38candy 6s aren't bad. Anything between 4-7 (fbg) is good for T2s. My average is 6.3 which I am quite happy with.
I was concerned that my fbgs were creeping up into the high 6s, and could have gone higher, as I am due my 12 month HbA1c and review in September. So I am fasting to get it down.

You fbg of 7.1 isn't bad as you have only recently been diagnosed, and your readings are still falling. I expect you will get into the 4-7 target range soon. :)
Thanks for that Prem51 I'm doing the same has you has my Hba1c is also due in September before my birthday so hopefully I will still be in target,and fingers crossed my cholesterol will be down after low carb high fat diet started early on this year.!! K BG this morning was 6.5