Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 getting a bit cheesed off with these fasting numbers. Haven’t had a 7 at any time of the day for 2 or 3 months now.

Just opened a new pot of strips : 5.7
That’s better, but odd - same batch number. Anyway I’ll take it and probably compare a couple of other readings today.
Feeling a bit happier now.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Naff 10. 2 this morning. Took basal late and skipped breakfast for gastroscopy yesterday. No evening insulin either as in 6s and didn't want a hypo.
I think Toujeo300 gives rebound but didn't catch it even thou awake 2am onwards then slept off just after 4am.
Ate cheese without insulin so note to self: ensure insulin next time.
I don't think I'm producing any of my own anymore. I don't see any evidence of any.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just opened a new pot of strips : 5.7
That’s better, but odd - same batch number. Anyway I’ll take it and probably compare a couple of other readings today.
Feeling a bit happier now.
Good news @DJC3 That kind of thing is my whole point re placing much trust in what pops up on the meter.

Reactions: DJC3

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A 5.2 fell out this morning. @jayney27 good start - has work slowed a little and stress diminished?
Oh if only @ianpspurs its been mega stressful with almost hourly changes, last minute cancellations, you name it! However I think final tweaks and new arrangements have been finalised and today is my last working day as I am off to Cornwall tomorrow for a long weekend.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh if only @ianpspurs its been mega stressful with almost hourly changes, last minute cancellations, you name it! However I think final tweaks and new arrangements have been finalised and today is my last working day as I am off to Cornwall tomorrow for a long weekend.
Enjoy your break. I wondered if the stressful work period had died down and led to the nice fbg.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Enjoy your break. I wondered if the stressful work period had died down and led to the nice fbg.
I have no idea what led to the lovely number this morning, it’s probably a fluke and as we all know the roller coaster of diabetes rarely stops long enough anywhere for us to ponder. So I have smiled this morning and enjoyed seeing a 5.0 and tomorrow will no doubt see something higher, such is life, such is diabetes :)