Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Wednesday folks.

After several high blood glucose levels over a few days, a nice 5.2 yesterday morning...followed by a crazy 4.2 today. I'm rubbish when I go that low. Guess we all have our "best functioning" numbers. Mine....around 5.0 & I'm ready to rock! Had me a nice slice of Dundee cake to take my level up. Life can be kind sometimes. ;) Good health everyone. X

PS: Thanks Lou Lou. X

View attachment 14044
I am best around 4.7 - 5.8, any lower and I feel rubbish. It's really nice to have you back Alisonjane. I like the cake idea

Reactions: 15 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 6.8 this morning after a 6.5 one at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 22 people
M

mojo37

Oooh, I wanted to do Myth, but now that I've finished my degree, a single module is more expensive than the first year of MA! Good luck :)
Thanks Larissima ..yes when I started the modules were in the £600 region now its over £800 :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all:)
After a bad nights sleep, woke up with a dodgy tummy, pounding headache and sugars of 9.2 :(
Oh well ! gonna take my little man to school now, take some paracetamol, then back to bed for me :confused::arghh:
Feel better soon

Reactions: 7 people
M

mojo37

Not doing very well at the moment ( and yes its because of giving in to carb cravings big time )ranging from high 6's to low 8's ..major shake up needed been on and off that dam wagon for the last month or so :(

Reactions: 20 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 after 5.8 last night....bit higher than normal but like scottish-jim I couldn't be bothered arguing with my meter either. Opened a new box of strips and since then my levels have been higher than I expect....it's happened before so could be the reason....dodgy strips ;)

Reactions: 29 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Not doing very well at the moment ( and yes its because of giving in to carb cravings big time )ranging from high 6's to low 8's ..major shake up needed been on and off that dam wagon for the last month or so :(

We've all been there @mojo37. It's a pain ain't it!! But, you'll get back on track. Chin up hun. Hope the following brings a smile. X

image.jpg

Reactions: 14 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Where are you in Yorkshire I was bought up in Sheffield. Love God's own county :):):D
Hii LouLou

Just South of Huddersfleld and about 30 mins drive from Sheffield.

Gods own Country indeed, best description I ever heard of Sheffield is that is a terrible picture, but set in a beautiful frame....

Reactions: 5 people

jason134

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment
My reading this morninng was 13.2 back up there where it shouldn't be. I've been really good this week to

Reactions: 19 people

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
hello everyone, hope you are all well. got my caravan sited on a farmers field, it has beautiful views of the Malvern Hills but no internet so i have been off grid for a few days.we are in a pub that has free wi-fi at the moment so i thought i would check in.
5.3 this morning

Reactions: 30 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late afternoon from my usual parking lot:-D
FBG 6.2, the culprit being a very late last night's, large bowl of berries plus a nasty peach, 1 tsp xylitol, followed by two big handfuls of home roast peanuts;-)
Around 2pm today, back to 5.1
Have a g'day;-)

Reactions: 25 people

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late afternoon from my usual parking lot:-D
FBG 6.2, the culprit being a very late last night's, large bowl of berries plus a nasty peach, 1 tsp xylitol, followed by two big handfuls of home roast peanuts;-)
Around 2pm today, back to 5.1
Have a g'day;-)
A nasty peach???

Reactions: 7 people

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
My reading this morninng was 13.2 back up there where it shouldn't be. I've been really good this week to
Hi Jason, discovered sometimes no rhyme or reason for whacky readings lol more so when you know you have been good.

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.