Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back to normal for me with a nice low 4.9 and no spikes at all yesterday. Headache's gone too so there must have been a link between the two!

Reactions: 28 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Finished with work for a while so had a bit of a lie in this morning. First test was 4.1, which is a bit low for me and I usually feel it when it drops into the low 4s, so I did it again and got 5.1.

Quite happy with that.

Bit of grafting in the garden today before going to Spain on Monday - Spanish ATC permitting.......

Reactions: 28 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning All

Finished with work for a while so had a bit of a lie in this morning. First test was 4.1, which is a bit low for me and I usually feel it when it drops into the low 4s, so I did it again and got 5.1.

Quite happy with that.

Bit of grafting in the garden today before going to Spain on Monday - Spanish ATC permitting.......
Since you're going on the European Continent we expect figures in mg/dl as well lol

Reactions: 10 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Morning all 6.1 with a head from hell :(:(:(:(:(:(

Chin up @oldman1954. Maybe it's time to visit your GP again. You're so obviously suffering, & it's energy sapping hun. Perhaps discuss a pain clinic referral. It would be useful for your other pain related disorders too. I wish you all the very best. Hope this cheers you up.......

image.jpg

Reactions: 17 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Tramadol is great I take 100mg twice a day for nerve and muscle pain relating to my genetic disorder

Reactions: 11 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
8.4 feeling ****

Hope you feel better very soon @BigAl57. Is it your Diabetes that's making you feel so rough? It's not always easy managing this disease I'm afraid hun. Sometimes it's good to chill out with whatever makes you feel good, & just forget about the BIG D for a while there. I put my iPod on, lie down & listen to Van Morrison. It helps. Take care hun. :)

To make you feel better, this one's for you........... Btw, he was running a half marathon. X

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 18 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
5.7 this morning, following a 6.1 @ 22.00 yesterday night.
Had my blood test fot HbA1c and cholesterols done today, results hopefully on Monday, appointment with Diabetes Consultant Tuesday pm, hoping for the better :)
Weight dropped to 115.8 Kg, which is another 1Kg / 2.2 lbs in a week ;-)
Have a g'day folks :-D
1kg in a week is fantastic...every kilo counts. I remember being 105kg, now a more respectable 88kg. Your diabetes improves with weight loss to normal levels...keep going !

Reactions: 14 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
5.3 this morning, all is well :)
I don't drink alcohol anymore since diagnosis in 2010...but I love the wine glass in your avatar...made me laugh lol

Reactions: 10 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm getting peeved with my "ALL OVER THE **** PLACE" morning blood glucose readings. This morning it was 6.4 fasting. It drops into the low 5,s pretty quickly for the rest of the day...and I never spike more than 2mmols after meals. I know it's lower than many, so maybe I'm being hard on myself. I don't want to be Alison the Diabetic...I want to be Alison who has a life, which includes Diabetes. I don't want to live so strictly that eating becomes a chore. My mental health is just as important.

Right!! Took 5 minutes before completing this post. Gonna review my portion size of treats & modify them so I can continue to eat a little of everything. PLUS, I'm gonna go put my music on & shake my booty around the kitchen. :D Have a great day folks. Good health to us all. X

image.jpg

Reactions: 25 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lol Alisonjane...I used to swing between the low 3's then into the upper 20's in a morning...terrible times then. Now not so bad lol

Reactions: 11 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm getting peeved with my "ALL OVER THE **** PLACE" morning blood glucose readings. This morning it was 6.4 fasting. It drops into the low 5,s pretty quickly for the rest of the day...and I never spike more than 2mmols after meals. I know it's lower than many, so maybe I'm being hard on myself. I don't want to be Alison the Diabetic...I want to be Alison who has a life, which includes Diabetes. I don't want to live so strictly that eating becomes a chore. My mental health is just as important.

Right!! Took 5 minutes before completing this post. Gonna review my portion size of treats & modify them so I can continue to eat a little of everything. PLUS, I'm gonna go put my music on & shake my booty around the kitchen. :D Have a great day folks. Good health to us all. X

View attachment 14258

I plank every morning and often wonder what I look like....
you've now given me a idea...
It's the inside that counts.....
Hjx

Reactions: 13 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
1kg in a week is fantastic...every kilo counts. I remember being 105kg, now a more respectable 88kg. Your diabetes improves with weight loss to normal levels...keep going !
Hi Eddie1968, thanks for your encouragement, I shall know for sure Monday/Tuesday :-o
Wow, impressive weight loss on your side, keep it up (down ;-))
Moshe

Reactions: 8 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you feel better very soon @BigAl57. Is it your Diabetes that's making you feel so rough? It's not always easy managing this disease I'm afraid hun. Sometimes it's good to chill out with whatever makes you feel good, & just forget about the BIG D for a while there. I put my iPod on, lie down & listen to Van Morrison. It helps. Take care hun. :)

To make you feel better, this one's for you...........

View attachment 14257
Had a good laugh :-D
My life AJ, where did you find this? You hacked my computer again ;-)

Reactions: 6 people

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging

View attachment 14258
[/QUOTE
I do love your sense of humor. Think it it because I know where you are coming from. Take care J

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.