Updated hba1c

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my bloods taken on Thursday and results are back already (speedy!)

Last recorded December at 38, now 40

Given during that period I’ve dropped the metformin and that it’s close enough to each other to be within a reasonable margin of error... I’m really pleased

I need to keep the weight down and keep doing what I’m doing. I am well aware that 10+ year reversal and able to eat some carbs more than many is extremely lucky so I am not going to rest on my laurels

Reactions: Donaldfr and ert

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great result! Well done!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my bloods taken on Thursday and results are back already (speedy!)

Last recorded December at 38, now 40

Given during that period I’ve dropped the metformin and that it’s close enough to each other to be within a reasonable margin of error... I’m really pleased

I need to keep the weight down and keep doing what I’m doing. I am well aware that 10+ year reversal and able to eat some carbs more than many is extremely lucky so I am not going to rest on my laurels
Brilliant well done on your results especially now you’ve dropped metformin congratulations

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
My HbA1c also increased slightly when I have up Metformin but I'm still in the normal range. It's good to know that I have a relatively benign drug to turn to if my blood glucose levels increase in the future and if other non-drug approaches don't work. I have been very impressed by your success to date.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My HbA1c also increased slightly when I have up Metformin but I'm still in the normal range. It's good to know that I have a relatively benign drug to turn to if my blood glucose levels increase in the Future and if other non-stop approaches don't work. I have been very impressed by your success to date.
That’s my thoughts too, if there is any slow creep I can go back to it. But need to keep up what I’ve been doing as am under no illusion, I am not cured

but thanks, it’s been quite the ride and better than I ever expected

Reactions: jjraak and Rachox

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations that is great news.

The fact that you know you aren't cured will mean you remain vigilant.

Reactions: jjraak

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That’s my thoughts too, if there is any slow creep I can go back to it. But need to keep up what I’ve been doing as am under no illusion, I am not cured
Yes, I accepted Metformin again after being free of meds for several years. HbA1c reduced again, but I am hanging on to the Metformin.
Well done for your achievements, @Andydragon

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another update, three months since my last hba1c, and it’s now 39, where last time it was 40

I suspect I could do better, I don’t always eat as low carb as I could and do have naughty times so do need to be wary as it’s not significantly off pre diabetes

however, given a year ago I was on maximum metformin, bydureon and daplaflaglozin and still measuring well into diabetic levels…. Maybe I should just take the win!

Reactions: Jo123 and DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another update, three months since my last hba1c, and it’s now 39, where last time it was 40

I suspect I could do better, I don’t always eat as low carb as I could and do have naughty times so do need to be wary as it’s not significantly off pre diabetes

however, given a year ago I was on maximum metformin, bydureon and daplaflaglozin and still measuring well into diabetic levels…. Maybe I should just take the win!
Brilliant news @Andydragon !

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @Andydragon - I think it is vital to be clear that we all need to find a level for our A1c that we find acceptable. For some that will mean meds, and even heavy meds and for others, they can manage it "solo".

I think it's also critical we each achieve a lifestyle we can maintain.. Some want to have more carbs than others. For some, heavy dietary control isn't for them.

That you consider you could do better, doesn't matter one iota at your numbers. You have found a balance where you can maintain. Yo-yo diabetes is no more desirable than yo-yo dieting (in the weight loss context).

Last edited:

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Yes, that's a fantastic result, specially given the amount of meds you were once on. As a T1, I don't think mine has been that low in the last half century :) (maybe during pregnancy but probably not even then). You're a living testimonial to the fact that some long term T2s can come off medication.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well more news, I'm now officially on the records as in remission!

Reactions: bulkbiker

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Well done I’ve got mine down from 54 to 36 no meds does that mean I’m not diabetic any more I know I can’t go Bk to my old ways I wouldn’t want to I love low carb and I like exercise now I really enjoy my new diet plus I wouldn’t want to go Bk I wouldn’t want to get diabetes complications I’m only 37 I’ve scared my self so much

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.

Absolutely fantastic. X

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!

Wow wow wow! That is an amazing turnaround from what you were Andydragon! Does it ever sink in when you get such an achievement? Well done and be proud!