Very hungry new Diabetic

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
John ... there is no diet to go on and come off ... there's a life style change for the rest of your natural.
I eat this way forever more.

Yeah but we sometimes are allowed a treat from time to time.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thanks for that.Well my first stop would be to ask the nurse when i see her tomorrow if she would be willing to prescribe test strips.Havent been near Wilkinsons yet they sell the batteries needed for the meter at just £1.99p for the cheap ones or £3.49p for the Energiser ones.Prob better getting those cheap ones aint always the best.Come to that the Poundland sell a card with cell batteries on for just a quid but there again cheapo's.
Boots is too expensive for most things.If the nurse wont scribe em then id look at the Link you have provided for the strips.50 strips would last a while as id not be testing umpteen times a day.Some people i know do test several times per day.As for this mornings reading of 7.0 thats a good reading to say i hadnt had breakfast before doing it.Maybe the toast supper was a good option.Any how as its my birthday i pushed the boat out at lunch time and had a big breakfast well it wasnt that big really 1 sausage,1 egg,2 bacon,2 hash browns,1 toast slice and some beans.Just a treat really and not one of my choices every time we go out you understand.Back to the diet tomorrow.

Happy birthday.

But next time, give yourself a present, and leave out the hash browns, the beans, and the toast.
Do you like mushrooms, tomatoes.

@Andy12345 can help out here with what he has for a fried breakfast.

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday.

But next time, give yourself a present, and leave out the hash browns, the beans, and the toast.

I can also help. I have fried egg, griddled bacon (3 rashers), loads of mushrooms, tomatoes and have recently discovered I can also have half a slice of fried white bread, but only because I have been testing it. You might or might not manage it.

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
The amount of yoghurt and cream I now consume is huge compared with before I made changes and it seems to be soothing my diverticular disease down.
Huge increase in veg as well and nuts and oils and ... my pooing is so much easier ... pleasant.
In fact I now do what could be considered the perfect pooh quite often ... I know I know it's tea time.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I have fried bread without any problems ... once maybe twice a week and I love it!
The fat stops the bread turning into glucose rapidly.
It does it slowly therefore no sugar spike.

Reactions: 3 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
7.0 this morning
Me too.
I've been 5 .... 5.6 lately so not sure why it went up today.
Stick with this place mate even when your getting kick up the behind .... it is with the best of intentions from everyone.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Happy birthday.

ive found its very unpopular telling people what to eat, ive learnt from you that we are all different and can all cope with different things, so i say listen to your health care team, eat everything in moderation and only eat junk food if its inconvienient to eat otherwise, so my advice is for everyone to find their own path, that must be hugely helpful as it is said by so many so often

happy birthday john

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 5 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
ive found its very unpopular telling people what to eat, ive learnt from you that we are all different and can all cope with different things, so i say listen to your health care team, eat everything in moderation and only eat junk food if its inconvienient to eat otherwise, so my advice is for everyone to find their own path, that must be hugely helpful as it is said by so many so often

happy birthday john

Shame really.
Still we've others others that don't mind helping, so the op's had good advice.

I agree entirely though, you should never tell people what to eat.

Far better to simply say, like Bluetit, Jackthelad, and myself, simply what we eat, and let the poster decide their own path.
We're all different.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Happy birthday.

Yeah i like Mushrooms but unfortunately not tomatoes

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I can also help. I have fried egg, griddled bacon (3 rashers), loads of mushrooms, tomatoes and have recently discovered I can also have half a slice of fried white bread, but only because I have been testing it. You might or might not manage it.

I thought fried stuff was out ?

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Hmm in that case that could well be my sat breakfast sorted then.Minus the tomatoes

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

happy birthday john

Cheers Andy

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Speaking of chips are those McCain oven chips suitable also what about Micro chips ?

Once you get the BS down, insulin resistance down, and get stable, try some.
But not yet.

You need to get your weight down, build up muscle, so your body can use glucose a lot better than it can now.
Until then, you need to avoid things that spike you.
I'm fortunate in that I have lost 4 stones, built good muscle, got my BMI down to 25, and I can cope with some carbs.
It took me a year to get the weight off with a low GI diet, portion controlled, then re-introducing some carbs, to see how well I could cope.
And a lot of testing.