Waking up early and type 2

jaykay

Bodies are fairly complicated things and all sorts of factors might be influencing you. I don't sleep more than 6 hours a night and as soon as I'm awake, I'm awake and up. That hasn't changed even after being diagnosed as T2.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
PickledPepper said:
These days I really struggle to wake up early.

Is this anything to do with the condition or have I become lazy?

I'd swap with you anytime. There is no point in me going to bed before midnight as I wont sleep. Then I'm awake @ 2, again @ 4, then again @ 6. Once 6am lumbers along I know I wont sleep anymore, so I reach out and take my meds that allow me to rise without too much arthritic pain ..which takes about 30mins to fully kick in so I can get up. By 8am I'm fully prepared and dressed for the day and ready for the rest of my pills and plunge the needle into my midriff to inject the Liraglutide.
My personal view is consider yourself very lucky you sleep so well as some of us have struggled to get enough for years.

If you really do think you are sleeping too long, why not invest in a radio alarm and come-to slowly to Radio 4's Today programme (6 til 9), where interesting topics for the day will switch your mind on... good luck.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I get up before 7 on weekdays and perhaps about 8 at weekends. The weekend fasting Bs tend to be higher. I suspect that DF is kicking in when I have a lie in.
Hana

PickledPepper

It is just strange because I was a hardcore insomniac and incredibly light sleeper before.

Oh well, all least T2 has cured that....lol