Warning "Oppo ice cream sticks"

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Alas, Oppo did unpleasant things to my BG anyway, but at least I will miss the other effects....:cat:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Luckily I can tolerate Metformin and polyols. @bulkbiker I think I’m right in saying your favourite is chocolate and hazelnut flavour (mine too!), they do sell it it in Tesco now, cheaper if you have a clubcard :hungry:

Edit for typo
C429E76F-7AA7-4086-8D84-19D68D7A621B.jpeg

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As Waitrose have decided to cease stocking my favourite ice cream flavour I took one for the team and tried these.

https://www.oppobrothers.com/collec...scan-vanilla-roasted-almonds-ice-cream-sticks

(they were £4 in waitrose)

Nice enough but the polyols had a very unfortunate effect... needless to say they won't be bought again.

Almost as bad as metformin!

That’ll be the maltitol. Lethal stuff - spikes me too, just to add insult to injury. One less thing for me to be tempted by/get addicted to!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’ll be the maltitol. Lethal stuff - spikes me too, just to add insult to injury. One less thing for me to be tempted by/get addicted to!

No spike but very unfortunate digestive issues...

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
As Waitrose have decided to cease stocking my favourite ice cream flavour I took one for the team and tried these.

https://www.oppobrothers.com/collec...scan-vanilla-roasted-almonds-ice-cream-sticks

(they were £4 in waitrose)

Nice enough but the polyols had a very unfortunate effect... needless to say they won't be bought again.

Almost as bad as metformin!
I have also suffered from Waitrose stopping product lines. I have found that this is sometimes down to the whims of the local manager as you can still find the missing item in other branches. Also complaining to head office sometimes works.

zeeeee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maltitol is the work of the devil, I made the mistake of having this without any research, I still have nightmares about the mess it made.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have also suffered from Waitrose stopping product lines. I have found that this is sometimes down to the whims of the local manager as you can still find the missing item in other branches. Also complaining to head office sometimes works.
Unfortunately this time they have stopped my flavour in all branches.. looks like a trip to Tesco is in order (or I could just give it up I guess).

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Luckily I can tolerate Metformin and polyols. @bulkbiker I think I’m right in saying your favourite is chocolate and hazelnut flavour (mine too!), they do sell it it in Tesco now, cheaper if you have a clubcard :hungry:

Edit for typo
View attachment 49656
This is a bit of a surprise. Didn't know such stuff existed. How many carbs, please?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Edit for typo
View attachment 49656
Look lovely - I enquired about these and the carb killas choc ices at my local tesco which is a superstore and open 24 hours but they don't stock them there so I give up ...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only