ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
today I am 141.6 or 64.23 kilos. The other day I was 141 or 64 kilos flat. I need to get down to 135 pounds, says new liver doc and then my NAFLD will resolve itself

but doc wants me to take an MRI of abdomen with contrast which will cause me to spend two months with scary edema, difficulty walking and weight gain thus making the weight loss more difficult

and I might be able to avoid injections of eylea if I go on insulin (eylea no problem, iodine prep is huge problem) which is a further weight gain impacting Mr Liver and Mr. Kidney and Mr. bile duct enlarged twice its size. I feel like Alice in pick your morbidity land.

I am not sure I believe in cures anymore
You know deep down this is neccessary but very very inconvenient. Thinking of you.

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Havent weighed myself. Still swollen and just walked out today briefly. In huge pain so losing weight hasn't been my priority this week.
Will weigh-in soon thou as it's my only ambition other than walking without pain.

See you soon ;)

Sorry to hear you’re struggling so much - I hope you are able to find a way to manage your pain as it’s hard to think of anything else when you’re suffering. Hope this weeks is better fort you

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
today I am 141.6 or 64.23 kilos. The other day I was 141 or 64 kilos flat. I need to get down to 135 pounds, says new liver doc and then my NAFLD will resolve itself

but doc wants me to take an MRI of abdomen with contrast which will cause me to spend two months with scary edema, difficulty walking and weight gain thus making the weight loss more difficult

and I might be able to avoid injections of eylea if I go on insulin (eylea no problem, iodine prep is huge problem) which is a further weight gain impacting Mr Liver and Mr. Kidney and Mr. bile duct enlarged twice its size. I feel like Alice in pick your morbidity land.

I am not sure I believe in cures anymore

That’s a very difficult position to find yourself in. Stay positive, and focus on doing your best - hope your scales show a downward turn this week for you

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning 145 lbs last week and 148lbs this week! I have only swam for 2 hours this week instead of 3/4.

Reactions: Freema

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm going to give myself this week to get things back to normal and finish my second course of antibiotics. So see you all a few days after my birthday. :)
I can get a bit down if I use scales too much in restrictive diet and med times. I need this time to turn things around.
Still taking metformin when eating.

Reactions: Happyhomelands

Happyhomelands

Down 0.9kg this week, which is 0.6kg (bit more than a pound) of real loss as I was slightly up last week. Now at 60.9 kg.

Started - Dec 2016 - 101.kg
Last week - 61.8 kg
This week - 60.9 kg
Total weight loss - 40.2 kg (6 stone 4.5 pounds)

Definitely slower and taking more effort these days, but getting there!

Edited to add that I just realised that I’ve now lost 40% of my body weight.
Wow. That's quite an achievement!

Reactions: ToveyKath

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still43-2 My friend lost 3 lb at. Weight watchers do you think that if I go I may find it ?!!
CAROL

Reactions: Happyhomelands

Shahnaz2357

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did you combine it with gym? 20 000 steps a day with low carb is 0,75 kg down a week on average for me. My low carb is 3 meals a day with max 5g in one meal. Without gym the speed is ok as i see it.
Yes, it is the result of just low carb diet. I have osteoarthritis and walk is is very limited. No gym.