Weekly weigh in - Fridays

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all

I’ve now completed 54 days of Michael Mosely’s blood sugar diet. Still enjoying it & the positive all-round impact on my life. I continue to lose weight, although progress has settled down after the initially dramatic losses, my body measurements continue to improve, and I feel more alert and well, not to mention improvement in sleep patterns. So my stats stand as :

Start weight, 7/1/18: 114.2 kg
Weight last Saturday, 24/2/18: 100.3 kg
Weight today, 2/3/18: 99.3 kg
Weight loss this week: 1 kg
Total weight loss: 14.9 kg

So that’s 15% of my original body weight lost! Very motivating!

Just a couple more days before I can get my blood tests redone, although may be a bit longer as I’ve got a busy week coming up. Looking forward to hopefully lowered hba1c results.... time will tell!

Onwards and upwards, good luck everyone, and never forget, no matter how many times we stumble, it’s the getting back up that matters.Its taken me several years to get back up ( I’ve lost a lot of weight before, but regained it all and more) but the hba1c results were my personal kick up the backside, and I’m determined to get it right this time & not slide back into bad habits. Thank you all for your brilliant support and encouragement, I will try to do the same for you. I’ve still got a long way to go but hopefully on the right path

Reactions: Freema

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all

I’ve now completed 54 days of Michael Mosely’s blood sugar diet. Still enjoying it & the positive all-round impact on my life. I continue to lose weight, although progress has settled down after the initially dramatic losses, my body measurements continue to improve, and I feel more alert and well, not to mention improvement in sleep patterns. So my stats stand as :

Just a couple more days before I can get my blood tests redone, although may be a bit longer as I’ve got a busy week coming up. Looking forward to hopefully lowered hba1c results.... time will tell!

Onwards and upwards, good luck everyone, and never forget, no matter how many times we stumble, it’s the getting back up that matters.Its taken me several years to get back up ( I’ve lost a lot of weight before, but regained it all and more) but the hba1c results were my personal kick up the backside, and I’m determined to get it right this time & not slide back into bad habits. Thank you all for your brilliant support and encouragement, I will try to do the same for you. I’ve still got a long way to go but hopefully on the right path

That’s great, @ToveyKath Those personal milestones are so important for motivation - and you’re doing a great job of supporting all of us!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Down 0.9kg this week, which is 0.6kg (bit more than a pound) of real loss as I was slightly up last week. Now at 60.9 kg.

Started - Dec 2016 - 101.kg
Last week - 61.8 kg
This week - 60.9 kg
Total weight loss - 40.2 kg (6 stone 4.5 pounds)

Definitely slower and taking more effort these days, but getting there!

Edited to add that I just realised that I’ve now lost 40% of my body weight.
Well done @Goonergal know you worked hard for this how much more are you aiming to lose?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all

Amazing well done you you’ll get there with your determination as you say it’s getting over the stumbles on the path that leads you to success well done you

Reactions: ToveyKath

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay still same weight as last week - well .02pounds down - but still 9.6. As I’m trying to maintain now this is good. I decided to go for a maintenance routine of just lunch and dinner with coffee and cream for breakfast this week to see results so will try this out for another week to see if this continues to work for me as a method. To lose anything at end had to do several days of one meal a day and so it’s great I don’t have to do this there has to be some reward for getting here!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure I'm going to post this Friday. Very despondent due to my current ailment. Still in agony and back to GP Thursday if suspected gallbladder/duct is infected and needs more help.
Up through the night in pain. No weight loss when sleep is interfered with, for me. Was up at 3am but tossed and turned. Got up but I'm exhausted. Too much pain this past year.
GP hinted on my back horrendous pains may be to do with gallbladder or intestines.

I'd love to be able to walk without agony. I'd love to throw my crutch that has kept me upright in dizziness etc.
We are both salivating at the idea of me getting back to normal.
Bulging disc maybe just be from inflammation and ongoing infections?

Oh poor you it is so depressing to have so many bad conditions following each other and creating so much pain and trouble Hope you have gotten some help and relief now

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not trying to lose any more - have been maintaining below my goal weight of 68kg since November 2017 - but hanging out on this thread as I keep trying to get the balance right :)
Impressive stats there Polgara you should be very pleased. Early on in my journey I read not to go too low, hover around bmi of 22.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Onwards and upwards, good luck everyone, and never forget, no matter how many times we stumble, it’s the getting back up that matters. I’ve still got a long way to go but hopefully on the right path
Top. top effort and top post. You seem very definitely a "radiator" type - love the positivity

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone, well done to all the losers!
I’m walking much better this week and weight loss has been more significant again, I’ve lost 0.4kg this week :happy:

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 82.2kg 2nd March’18
Total lost = 32.8kg/5stone 2lb

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
12 stone 0.8 Lbs and 18.7% body fat this morning. Weight hovers around 11st 13 to 12 st 1 over the last 2 years all feels a bit meh. I am wondering if I have reached a balance between further weight loss and what my body can do exercise wise on a sustainable basis. Goal for me is to sustain diet and exercise pattern, weight and hba1c for 20+ years with no medication, especially insulin, or complications. Common sense tells me I won't be upping exercise regime in 15 years+ time.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone, well done to all the losers!
I’m walking much better this week and weight loss has been more significant again, I’ve lost 0.4kg this week :happy:

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 82.2kg 2nd March’18
Total lost = 32.8kg/5stone 2lb
Well done @Rachox great you are getting good results now you’re able to get about more

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
12 stone 0.8 Lbs and 18.7% body fat this morning. Weight hovers around 11st 13 to 12 st 1 over the last 2 years all feels a bit meh. I am wondering if I have reached a balance between further weight loss and what my body can do exercise wise on a sustainable basis. Goal for me is to sustain diet and exercise pattern and weight, hba1c for 20+ years with no insulin or complications. Common sense tells me I won't be upping exercise regime in 15 years+ time.
Know it’s all individual but I find that although exercise helps me feel better emotionally and physically I don’t do as much exercise as I used to when I was overweight . For me diet is the only thing that really works and reduces my weight athough I do do a minimum amount of walking and Pilates to try and stay healthy and keep my middle looking flat! Exercise also makes me hungry which for me can be counterproductive!

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yay still same weight as last week - well .02pounds down - but still 9.6. As I’m trying to maintain now this is good. I decided to go for a maintenance routine of just lunch and dinner with coffee and cream for breakfast this week to see results so will try this out for another week to see if this continues to work for me as a method. To lose anything at end had to do several days of one meal a day and so it’s great I don’t have to do this there has to be some reward for getting here!

Well done shelley262 that’s great