ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I maybe shouldn't have weighed myself but it read 129.40kgs. What! 5kgs of fluid and constipation. Is that possible?

Reactions: Happyhomelands

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I maybe shouldn't have weighed myself but it read 129.40kgs. What! 5kgs of fluid and constipation. Is that possible?
I follow a lady on instagram who has lost over 300 pounds - and she reports that she now can put on 15-20 pounds over a weekend of not watching what she eats- that must be water retention cause then it's gone again in a few days back on the diet. :(

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all, well done in anticipation for all those who lose or maintain, & don't lose hope those who gain, it's a marathon not a sprint

So Saturday was day 56 (8 weeks) of Michael Mosley's blood sugar diet for me & I continued to follow the plan until Monday evening, when I had my blood tests done again. I've had a couple of days off plan now as a test and have found myself feeling lethargic, lacking energy & at times nauseous when eating sweet/ sugary food. So I'm going back on plan - just need to finish reading the book to find out calorie recommendations after the initial 8 week period & I can't wait to see how my hba1c has changed. Very little weight loss this week but I expected a gain with the lack of control I've had!

Starting weight, 7/1/18: 114.2 kg
Last week's weight, 2/3/18: 99.3 kg
Today's weight, 9/3/18: 99 kg

So weight loss this week 0.3 kg
Total weight loss 15.2 kg

I'm pleased with this but obviously there's still a long way to go until I reach a healthy weight. But for once, I'm actually more interested in the blood sugar stats - will post when I know!

Good luck everyone, your support & encouragement are invaluable

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weight at diagnosis on 5.4.17 - 115.3 kg BMI 39.8
Lowest weight - 64.0kg BMI 22.1
Weight today 64.7 kg BMI 22.3
Total weight lost as of today 50.6kg

Not trying to lose any more - have been maintaining below my goal weight of 68kg since November 2017 - but hanging out on this thread as I keep trying to get the balance right :)

1.2kg down this week - a week of being very careful with no snacking at all has put me back below 65kg - meeting daughter tomorrow and taking my mum out for lunch on Sunday - so can afford a few treats :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My weight is up and down like my fbgs. No one day the same.
Once my pain goes I'll be able to walk but at this rate I'm going to end up in a wheelchair. :(

Seeing GP today. It's either pain relief that works or a wheelchair. I have 2 young kids that need me mobile, however way that is. School runs cannot happen at mo.
Wheelchair or lose my kids? No brainer.

I only have months to wait for bariatric surgery if surgeon agrees.
Told will help my back but no cure.
Or is it bulging discs or gallbladder/liver area pain. Scan on Monday after been escalated to urgent.

I just feel whatever is going on and giving me infections (internally) can be resolved with all my pain too.
Still looking like gallbladder... maybe.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - unintentionally lost a pound and a half this week but going to Italy on hols next week so this will allow me to ease up a little bit?
Have kept up my intermittent fasting regime of no breakfast for past two maintenance weeks and now getting hungrier in the morning so going to try a week of breakfast - it would also be rude not to as complimentary breakfast included in room rate - just hoping for stuff I can eat.
So will be a couple of weeks before check back in hopefully not any heavier than my target weight!
Also have just had a pre holiday spend on new clothes mainly in size 8 ! ( I’ve been working my way down from size 18/16 since last sept as much was on my middle) I don’t ever remember being size 8 and have given away all my bigger clothes as I’ve gone along so that I can’t go back rather than, as previously, keeping bigger clothes for in case! - thinking that the expense of clothes will be a big incentive if they start to get remotely tight. I really can’t afford to put weight on again! Has anyone else found that even their shoes are too big as they’ve lost weight!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My weight is up and down like my fbgs. No one day the same.
Once my pain goes I'll be able to walk but at this rate I'm going to end up in a wheelchair. :(

Seeing GP today. It's either pain relief that works or a wheelchair. I have 2 young kids that need me mobile, however way that is. School runs cannot happen at mo.
Wheelchair or lose my kids? No brainer.

I only have months to wait for bariatric surgery if surgeon agrees.
Told will help my back but no cure.
Or is it bulging discs or gallbladder/liver area pain. Scan on Monday after been escalated to urgent.

I just feel whatever is going on and giving me infections (internally) can be resolved with all my pain too.
Still looking like gallbladder... maybe.
Hope GP appointment results in some better pain relief for you it all sounds completely intolerable for you the current situation and sending you a hug and my best wishes that things get a bit more bearable soon.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hope GP appointment results in some better pain relief for you it all sounds completely intolerable for you the current situation and sending you a hug and my best wishes that things get a bit more bearable soon.
Thank you :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all - unintentionally lost a pound and a half this week but going to Italy on hols next week so this will allow me to ease up a little bit?
Have kept up my intermittent fasting regime of no breakfast for past two maintenance weeks and now getting hungrier in the morning so going to try a week of breakfast - it would also be rude not to as complimentary breakfast included in room rate - just hoping for stuff I can eat.
So will be a couple of weeks before check back in hopefully not any heavier than my target weight!
Also have just had a pre holiday spend on new clothes mainly in size 8 ! ( I’ve been working my way down from size 18/16 since last sept as much was on my middle) I don’t ever remember being size 8 and have given away all my bigger clothes as I’ve gone along so that I can’t go back rather than, as previously, keeping bigger clothes for in case! - thinking that the expense of clothes will be a big incentive if they start to get remotely tight. I really can’t afford to put weight on again! Has anyone else found that even their shoes are too big as they’ve lost weight!
Absolutely brilliant.
Ps. I got blisters in old shoes due to weight loss.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, well done in anticipation for all those who lose or maintain, & don't lose hope those who gain, it's a marathon not a sprint

So Saturday was day 56 (8 weeks) of Michael Mosley's blood sugar diet for me & I continued to follow the plan until Monday evening, when I had my blood tests done again. I've had a couple of days off plan now as a test and have found myself feeling lethargic, lacking energy & at times nauseous when eating sweet/ sugary food. So I'm going back on plan - just need to finish reading the book to find out calorie recommendations after the initial 8 week period & I can't wait to see how my hba1c has changed. Very little weight loss this week but I expected a gain with the lack of control I've had!

Starting weight, 7/1/18: 114.2 kg
Last week's weight, 2/3/18: 99.3 kg
Today's weight, 9/3/18: 99 kg

So weight loss this week 0.3 kg
Total weight loss 15.2 kg

I'm pleased with this but obviously there's still a long way to go until I reach a healthy weight. But for once, I'm actually more interested in the blood sugar stats - will post when I know!

Good luck everyone, your support & encouragement are invaluable
Good luck on your blood tests results would imagine they are going to be much improved after sticking to your plan. We all look forward to seeing your achievements.
You’ve also been amazing supporting and encouraging everyone here - you well deserve your efforts to bring blood glucose results. My bgs improved before my weight got there think the lower they are the easier it is to lose weight so it’s a win win situation as they go down.

Reactions: ToveyKath

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 brilliant story and you must have had a real inner glow buying size 8! I needed suits and trouser altering but some just needed too much so had to give them to a charity shop. Very motivating ditching pairs of £100 plus trousers and replacing them!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 0.4kg up this week, but body fat percentage slightly down, so counting that as a maintain.
How about your middle measurements? Bet they’ve gone down along with your body fat percentage? It’s the middle that really counts i think in the bgs control game.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 brilliant story and you must have had a real inner glow buying size 8! I needed suits and trouser altering but some just needed too much so had to give them to a charity shop. Very motivating ditching pairs of £100 plus trousers and replacing them!
I know it’s not cheap is it? I did do some charity shop buying along the way too as going down sizes very rapidly and didn’t want to spend too much on interim clothes - but I’m planning staying at this weight so investing! I’ve definitely upped my charitable donations in last 6 months both in donations and purchases.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 11 Stones 12.4 Pounds Body fat 18.2 - lost 1 pound since my official Wednesday weigh in. Aiming for bmi of 22 @ 11 stone 9 and waist to height ratio under .5. Target date for that is June at latest.
My GP or DN never measure waist or mention waist to height ratio, anyone else have more clued up medical professionals?

Last edited: