Weekly weigh in - Fridays

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Just found this thread for first time - nice to see a few familiar faces here and some people I don’t yet know.
My weight loss has started to level off a bit which is fine. I’m 88.6kg this week which is only 0.3 kg down for the week. In May I was 101.5 so overall happy.

Reactions: Prem51

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 13 stone 2 ( 83kg ). No change. Third week with no change, in a “The dog eat my homework “ kind of way. Hope to do better next week, have a good week.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Fellow Scale Crushers
A minus 1lb for me today 14st 9lb

I have decided after much deliberation that I'm either going to eat less or beat the living daylights out of my scales.
I'm not a violent person ( sometimes ) but them scales is getting on my nerves.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A loss of 0.2kg this week, finally bringing me to a grand total of six stone weight loss, I am now 2/3rd of my former self having lost 33% of my body weight!
:):joyful::happy::joyful::)

Started 115kg 9th May ‘17
Today 76.9kg 10th Aug ‘18
Total lost = 38.1kg/6 stone!

Madmaureen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I can't wait until I start to lose weight. So far I just seem to be losing inches but no actual real weight.... but hey. I am happy to shrink slowly. Then ..I can't wait for my ex to see me looking fit and fine. He definately is the loser so far :).
Totally agree like you wish I could let my ex see me now he lives near me but I dont see him (good) I still love him but he broke my heart but not my soul!
I am a stronger nicer person today coping with diabetes myself ups and downs like us all!!
But the feeling I still have won't go but I have to try and keep healthy and I am!
Type 1. 48 years on my own for 10 years too!!!
Keep strong!!

Reactions: Jaz006 and Prem51

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A loss of 0.2kg this week, finally bringing me to a grand total of six stone weight loss, I am now 2/3rd of my former self having lost 33% of my body weight!

Congratulations- great milestone!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I remembered to weigh myself.
Still 135.90kgs even thou i had to increase basal units. Had too many double numbers even low carbing. 10s without metformin. IBS tablets which I take 3x a day has sugar coating. So defeats low carbing but I'm not giving up.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Any diabetic in your past circumstances should be referred to you and not a bariatric surgeon.
Get yourself a business from your portfolio. Many need you and like you as mentors.

I'm in awe of your achievement to date.

Keep going. :)

Reactions: Goacher55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any diabetic in your past circumstances should be referred to you and not a bariatric surgeon.
Get yourself a business from your portfolio. Many need you and like you as mentors.

I'm in awe of your achievement to date.

Keep going. :)
Thanks for your kind words @ickihun. The irony is that I received next to no dietary advice on diagnosis but I was offered gastric surgery! How is your preparation going?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks for your kind words @ickihun. The irony is that I received next to no dietary advice on diagnosis but I was offered gastric surgery! How is your preparation going?
I'm awaiting my gastroscopy on 29th. Gulp! Then back to see surgeon, inbetween endocrologist as Metformin not compatible with IBS so on more insulin again. Bgs over 10s on occasion even on increased insulin. Full blood count just done and doing hormone test on Tuesday for menopause as no periods or cycle of any kind. I'm hoping thyroid will be checked again as hit and miss days of total exhaustion.
Injured my pelvis last week too so back on maximum painkillers so I can walk. A set back but I'm plodding on and fighting weight in best way I know. Low carbing.

I think I would be bedbound if I didn't have painkillers, low carbing and insulin.
I'm desperate for my op benefits now.... its took so long.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm awaiting my gastroscopy on 29th. Gulp! Then back to see surgeon, inbetween endocrologist as Metformin not compatible with IBS so on more insulin again. Bgs over 10s on occasion even on increased insulin. Full blood count just done and doing hormone test on Tuesday for menopause as no periods or cycle of any kind. I'm hoping thyroid will be checked again as hit and miss days of total exhaustion.
Injured my pelvis last week too so back on maximum painkillers so I can walk. A set back but I'm plodding on and fighting weight in best way I know. Low carbing.

I think I would be bedbound if I didn't have painkillers, low carbing and insulin.
I'm desperate for my op benefits now.... its took so long.

It certainly has been a long haul for you, looks like they are doing a thorough work up for you, hang in there, you’re on the home straight now x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It certainly has been a long haul for you, looks like they are doing a thorough work up for you, hang in there, you’re on the home straight now x
Thanks @Rachox.
I'm looking forward to new stomach and system to look after. I'll treat it like a new babies system.
I have a hospital bag and new grinder/blender in preparation. Even new mini freezer for ice cubed size meals.
Like waiting for labour and new system instead of bouncing baby. Ha ha

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Hello. I’m sticking to Monday’s for my weigh in - hopefully you don’t mind me adding to your Friday chat?
87.5kg today which is 1.1kg down on last week, and 14kg down in just under 3 months.
I need another kilo off to get to BMI healthy weight.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hope you don't mind but I'll post tomorrow my GP's weigh-in as scales are hit and miss and now have 4 weighs to measure. It's soooo hogged. Ha ha

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning. @rhubarb73 Monday chat equally welcome!

Continue to be perplexed. 0.6kg up this week. Well within my range. I think I am going to focus on maintenance as losing anything now seems to require eating almost nothing and IF is getting harder with my body really asking for food. At the same time my ketones are 2.2 this morning, so I think the ‘gain’ may be my body trying to hold onto something. Boy, this stage of the weight loss journey is so difficult!