Weekly weigh in - Fridays

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning. @rhubarb73 Monday chat equally welcome!

Continue to be perplexed. 0.6kg up this week. Well within my range. I think I am going to focus on maintenance as losing anything now seems to require eating almost nothing and IF is getting harder with my body really asking for food. At the same time my ketones are 2.2 this morning, so I think the ‘gain’ may be my body trying to hold onto something. Boy, this stage of the weight loss journey is so difficult!

Goonergal - What is your goal with weight? At a BMI of 22, you're bang smack in the healthy zone, even allowing for the bonkersness (scientific term, obviously) of the frailty of BMI.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No weight loss this week, same as last Friday. Birthday celebrations last weekend, low carb but high calorie scuppered my chances this week. But at least I’ve taken off what I’d put on since!

Started 115kg 9th May ‘17
Today 76.9kg 17th Aug ‘18
Total lost = 38.1kg/6 stone!

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So I’ve been in hospital having had my gall bladder removed I lost 9 lb last week and 6 this week. It could be my new scales but the 6 lb this week was definitely on my new scales I have not really been wanting to eat since surgery and I’ve not drank much tea. I self confessed tea addict I’ve reduced from around 10 cups a day min to 1 if any

Reactions: Prem51

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening Fellow Scale Crushers.
Today's session on them lieing, cheating scales gave me the same weight as last week 14st 9lb.
Have a good week fellow crushers eat, drink and be merry for next week we weigh.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goonergal - What is your goal with weight? At a BMI of 22, you're bang smack in the healthy zone, even allowing for the bonkersness (scientific term, obviously) of the frailty of BMI.

Yes, I agree. However, I still carry weight around my middle, which I would like to reduce because of the correlation between carrying weight in that area/diabetes/fatty liver. Would be happy for that to happen slowly, but am frustrated because it seems very hard to just maintain, let alone lose a bit more. Maybe I just need to relax for a few weeks and then revisit.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I agree. However, I still carry weight around my middle, which I would like to reduce because of the correlation between carrying weight in that area/diabetes/fatty liver. Would be happy for that to happen slowly, but am frustrated because it seems very hard to just maintain, let alone lose a bit more. Maybe I just need to relax for a few weeks and then revisit.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Have you had a medical opinion on the make up of your midriff region? I don't necessarily mean a costly scan, but someone who knows?

For a loooong time, I thought, despite being a scrawny old bird, that I still had some fat on my midriff until I was discussing the prospect of a post surgical Coleman graft. The nurse almost fell off her chair and declared that region to be prett well fat-free, but maybe the skin just wan't as firm as on other area of my body (I other words, my skin there hadn't been elastic enough to cope with my skinnying up.).

I've spoken about this a bit on the forum from time to time, but I never carried an awful lot of weight, but I had always had more of a straight up and down shape, looking from the front or back, and it was some time after I was maintaining weight that I noticed the appearance of a definite waist. Despite remaining at the same weight for almost 4 years now, about 2 years ago, I went from a size 8 trousers/skirt to a size 6.

Clearly only you can decide what to do and how you approach it, but I might be inclined to encourage you to just focus on maintaining your current weight, withing a range you feel comfortable with (+/- xlbs/kgs) and see what happens. Sometimes our bodies just take a little while to finish redistributing our "assets" after a period of weight loss - particularly when that loss is rapid. When we're losing quickly, we rarely lose it from the places we'd really like to, but it's a bit odd how it all catches uo in time.

Good luck whichever approach you decide. You'd had an incredible journey so far.

M

Moggely

I'm down a kilo this week, from 58 to 57 kilo's. I have the lines to prove it to:(. So have gone from 75 kilo's 5 months ago to 57 kilo's. Really don't need to lose more though so might up the fats and just maintain. You are all doing well. :)

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Joining in here as I feel like having people to be accountable to is helping me stay on track.
Weight today 13 stone 13lb. So nice to see the number drop down into the lower weight. That’s a loss of 3 stone in a year that includes a good 6 months off the wagon. Another 4 at least to go.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you had a medical opinion on the make up of your midriff region? I don't necessarily mean a costly scan, but someone who knows?

For a loooong time, I thought, despite being a scrawny old bird, that I still had some fat on my midriff until I was discussing the prospect of a post surgical Coleman graft. The nurse almost fell off her chair and declared that region to be prett well fat-free, but maybe the skin just wan't as firm as on other area of my body (I other words, my skin there hadn't been elastic enough to cope with my skinnying up.).

I've spoken about this a bit on the forum from time to time, but I never carried an awful lot of weight, but I had always had more of a straight up and down shape, looking from the front or back, and it was some time after I was maintaining weight that I noticed the appearance of a definite waist. Despite remaining at the same weight for almost 4 years now, about 2 years ago, I went from a size 8 trousers/skirt to a size 6.

Clearly only you can decide what to do and how you approach it, but I might be inclined to encourage you to just focus on maintaining your current weight, withing a range you feel comfortable with (+/- xlbs/kgs) and see what happens. Sometimes our bodies just take a little while to finish redistributing our "assets" after a period of weight loss - particularly when that loss is rapid. When we're losing quickly, we rarely lose it from the places we'd really like to, but it's a bit odd how it all catches uo in time.

Good luck whichever approach you decide. You'd had an incredible journey so far.

Thanks very much. What you say makes sense. Pretty sure there’s at least some fat, but no medical opinion on that. Maybe something to ask next time I have occasion to see the GP. Patience has never been a strength, maybe time to try and develop some!

Reactions: rainbow79

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weighed myself a day early (Tuesday is my usual date). Down another 2.8 lbs, total loss to date 21.39 lbs, now 252.2 lbs, started at 273.59 lbs.

I'm happy to be down a size in clothes. Exercise 5-6 days a week has also helped me fit in a smaller size. Another size, and I'll be out of the plus sizes and into XL (I can already fit in a few of the larger brands). Only 4 more lbs to get my 25 lb reward (another exercise DVD), I've decided to reward myself every 25 lbs with something fitness related (also need to get slightly heavier weights.)

I hope to be down at least 30 lbs by my next doctor appt at the start of October.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 13 stone 4 ( 84kg) up 3 for me. Weekend away with friends, and although I did loads of excercise, still managed to pile it on. Anyway, back to the waking and gym. Have a good week all.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My scales just say ‘Lo’ today and it’s not referring to my weight! :joyful::hilarious:
*off out later to get a new battery!

Reactions: Goacher55

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all after my first week of normalise food post gall bladder op I’ve put in 4 lb turns out eating after 2 weeks of not eating much puts weight on ... who knew. I’m still 30 lb down on my starting point so I’m happy