Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Dandelade

Good morning Friday weighers.
Today a loss:bigtears:
45kg exactly 7st 1lb
Not really surprising with all the running around I have been doing, but definitely going in the wrong direction.
Hi SlimLizzy, just wanted to say I’ve been reading your posts and hoping you’ll find something to help!

Dandelade

My old faithful reliable weight loss aid is eat loss carb and low calorie. Low carb for fatty liver. As fatty liver stops weight loss. Low calorie as high calorie doesn't help me lose weight but they have to be a duel effort or I'm wasting my time. Now I'm pressured into eating to FODMAP. Only if it fits the dual weight loss plan I've decided and I won't be changing that, not for a while anyway. How do you feel about low carb& low calorie for you? When do you lose any weight no matter how small?
Thanks Ickihun. I’m totally stalled and lost now like. I’ve tried reducing calories and/ or reducing carbs, or increasing activity, to disasterous results! I get a weird stutter/ slur, lose balance and tip over. I think it’s linked to my hypothyroid (I take levothyroxine).

I was losing a pound a week every week until started on levothyroxine, then it slowed to every two weeks, then every three weeks, and now nothing. Up till then had lost 2 stone, which was 12% of my body weight, and 8 inches from my waist. So I’m fairly happy about it and relieved to have a more stable thyroid. But I am still about a stone overweight and totally out of ideas now!

How’s things going with you? What is fodmap?!

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can’t see that I posted last week
Okay:
Friday 18th: 77.65kg
Friday 25th: 76.05kg

heading back to where I used to be so that’s okay

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12.2 stone this week. Been around 12st give or take a 1lb or 2lb for almost 3 months now so i think i am maintaining. I am eating alot more but at less than 20 grams of carbs a day cannot see how i can put the weight back on. I exercise with resistant bands 5 days a week and feel like i am getting stonger and my goal is end of year for that to build some muscle :)

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I'd like to join the thread (even though I'm not T2). I've been stuck at 80kg for years, with low carb preventing me from going higher but not doing much more.
Had an alcohol free month in January and got down to 78kg. put it all back in Feb (drank wine most nights and stopped going to the gym during peak covid in New Zealand).

March is dry again and I'm at 77.3kg today, which means I'm overweight instead of obese. Would like to lose more but the trick will be to see if I can keep the loss in April...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
81.1 Kg still going in the wrong direction up. But still under 13 Stones just.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Weight now 45.9
This increase is due to our guests cooking style. Pasta, potatoes and bread are the main ingredients. Sometimes all three in the same meal. Impossible to refuse when they have cooked for us, so have abandoned all ideas about low carb and am just going with the flow for now.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
March 18th - 7-day moving average of 197.9 pounds
March 25th - 7-day moving average of 196.2 pounds

Net loss of 1.7 pounds for the week.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have lost 1lb since last week so 143lbs. It is small but I’m happy. Everyone seems to be doing really well.:)

Reactions: valuator

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, I’ve just weighed myself and scale says 141 lbs ! That’s a loss of 2 lbs! I’m beginning to wonder about the scales

Reactions: Andydragon

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
March 25th - 7-day moving average of 196.2 pounds
April 1st - 7-day moving average of 195.6 pounds

Net loss of 0.6 pounds for the week.

Dandelade

Well I found a way to lose a pound - vomiting for 2 days and having labrynthitis! The world is still swimming a little bit but I can now walk.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, I’ve just weighed myself and I am still 141lbs so I’m beginning to believe the scales. I’d love to get into the lower 9 stone range but we will see. Swimming 2/3 times a week certainly helps.

Reactions: valuator and EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Well I was at 77.1kg this morning which I don't entirely beleive (my scales are very variable) but it's a reduction so I'll take it as a win.

Reactions: valuator

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12 stone again. Eating alot more now and its just stuck there. Get on the scale every week hoping i put weight on but i do enjoy this way of eating :)