Weekly weigh in - Fridays

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Friday!

This week's average is 84.9kg (last week's 86.6kg, a difference of -1.7kg). Looks like the weight loss has shifted gain. One major change made this week to help me stabilise BG after coming off a few diabetes meds was to start alternate-day fasting alongside 18:6 intermittent fasting on the days I eat. I even managed to express this as a recurrent schedule in my food tracking app - I fast from 18:30 to 12:30 day after next every 2 days. :)

Today's weigh-in 83.8kg (last Friday's 86.7kg., -2.9kg). Current target 80kg. 3.8kg to go from today.

Am I allowed to shout about another milestone I have achieved? I've been obese since my early childhood, maybe straying into overweight category on a good day, but I've never had what's considered a healthy BMI. Well, this week I have!
Wow, well done on this weeks loss - also on getting into a healthy BMI - that is such an amazing achievement! Well done with the alternate day fasting as well, I just do the 18:6 currently and will bear that in mind if my weight loss begins to stall.

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am celebrating two big milestones today - this is week 52 of my weight loss journey - a whole year! Also, this week's 1.5lb loss means I have lost 8 stone and half a pound in total (112.5lbs). That is such a massive difference in just one year, time that would have passed anyway.

My health has drastically improved and I can do so much more now. This warmer weather would have had my legs swelling up like balloons this time last year and I could barely walk 200 yards without a lot of pain in my legs and back. Now I can walk for miles and have even begun to run, taking part in my first Parkrun last week (extremely slowly, but heh, I don't mind that at all). I have stopped/reduced so many of my meds and I no longer get GERD, high blood pressure or the frequent headaches I used to get. My blood sugars do still go up sometimes, but not to excess and I stick to fairly low carb eating most days.

Thanks everyone for your support, it has really helped.

TheSecretCarbAddict

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@LeafyArts - Wow! I mean, I'm chuffed with my results, but these pale in comparison to your journey. Not that comparison is important here or even healthy. I guess what I'm saying is that your journey is inspirational and shows you can achieve a lot if you stick to it. And that's the main thing on my mind right now, how do I maintain all these improvements in the long term. Be part of a supportive community that has inspirational stories to tell and lots of advice to give - TICK!

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@LeafyArts - Wow! I mean, I'm chuffed with my results, but these pale in comparison to your journey. Not that comparison is important here or even healthy. I guess what I'm saying is that your journey is inspirational and shows you can achieve a lot if you stick to it. And that's the main thing on my mind right now, how do I maintain all these improvements in the long term. Be part of a supportive community that has inspirational stories to tell and lots of advice to give - TICK!
Thank you very much, yes, maintenance is a difficult time, so coming here and staying accountable will be a huge help, I am sure. It is a lovely community here, I am so glad we have this place!

Reactions: Prancy

May Mic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am celebrating two big milestones today - this is week 52 of my weight loss journey - a whole year! Also, this week's 1.5lb loss means I have lost 8 stone and half a pound in total (112.5lbs). That is such a massive difference in just one year, time that would have passed anyway.

My health has drastically improved and I can do so much more now. This warmer weather would have had my legs swelling up like balloons this time last year and I could barely walk 200 yards without a lot of pain in my legs and back. Now I can walk for miles and have even begun to run, taking part in my first Parkrun last week (extremely slowly, but heh, I don't mind that at all). I have stopped/reduced so many of my meds and I no longer get GERD, high blood pressure or the frequent headaches I used to get. My blood sugars do still go up sometimes, but not to excess and I stick to fairly low carb eating most days.

Thanks everyone for your support, it has really helped.
Congratulations! What an accomplishment!
The weight loss is great, but where it leads to, the health benefits, the ability to move, partake in life is sometimes even better.

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations! What an accomplishment!
The weight loss is great, but where it leads to, the health benefits, the ability to move, partake in life is sometimes even better.
Thank you - yes, I am certainly getting more out of life now, doing things that I love to do, rather than just getting by.

• Love
Reactions: ravensmitten

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow @LeafyArts that is a fantastic achievement and you should be so proud of yourself. You’ve lost a whole person! :joyful:

I forgot it was Friday again and only remembered at 1pm :rolleyes: I’ll get the scales out in a minute to remind me to do it tomorrow morning. Well done everyone x

• Friendly
Reactions: LeafyArts

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow @LeafyArts that is a fantastic achievement and you should be so proud of yourself. You’ve lost a whole person! :joyful:

I forgot it was Friday again and only remembered at 1pm :rolleyes: I’ll get the scales out in a minute to remind me to do it tomorrow morning. Well done everyone x
Thanks so much MissMuffett, yes, a whole person and I still have a way to go yet, argh - I was in such a state this time last year.

The bank holiday confused me too, but for some odd reason, I thought it was Friday yesterday and put my bins out a day early. Good luck for your weigh-in tomorrow!

Reactions: MissMuffett

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Likewise, had to de-forum for a while, lots happening, nothing bad, just needing to focus on a few things offline. have put on 2lb since posting, no fret though, I know what to do.
It is great to see you here, yes, sometimes we need to step away for a bit, 2lbs isn't too bad at all and yes, you will get back on it, I know. Have a great week!