What breakfast cereal spikes sugars

debsugs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have shreddies, which is a supposed to give you a spike. I find it keeps me full and fine till lunch!

lynbrown

Most morning I eat traditional porridge oats with seeds (linseeds, pumpkin & sunflower), natural greek yogurt & blueberries, on a weekend I'll have boiled eggs on toast or scrambled eggs on toast, eggs are good and make for a nutritional breakfast.
Do you cook the porridge or eat raw?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I feel so confused reading all your comments. Does nobody do DAphne.

@14021954 Yes, that's why the discussion includes carb counting. The problem mainly discussed here is spikes - high blood sugars around 2 hours after eating, which are something to avoid if possible.

yo247

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting chat. All Bran in my experience spike my bloodsugar like crazy! So i ditched it; decided its not even that tasty to offset the stress of a spike. I just dont test for two hours after bf, (unless i have to drive) if my dose was correct my sugar will be back where i started. Thanks for the tip about earlier shot and 'think like a pancreas'

Blackers183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Commercial television
T1 for 24 years - I have 45gms All Bran (20gms CHO) every morning with about 2/3 cup of skinny milk (10gms CHO), total 30 gms CHO.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only