What did you HATE to eat when you were a kid?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
This thread is fast turning into "I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here" !!

Reactions: 4 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
im orally squeamish get me out of here! ok heres a weird one, i can not touch a dead animal, if i found a dead mouse i couldnt pick it up, dead fish ewww but im a fisherman (catch and release) have a millions pictures of me holdiing big fish but couldnt touch a dead one, i worked for a while in a hospital and occasonally put dead people into the freezers etc with no problem i even used to chat to them lol but animals i just cant do, weird huh

Reactions: 6 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
im orally squeamish get me out of here! ok heres a weird one, i can not touch a dead animal, if i found a dead mouse i couldnt pick it up, dead fish ewww but im a fisherman (catch and release) have a millions pictures of me holdiing big fish but couldnt touch a dead one, i worked for a while in a hospital and occasonally put dead people into the freezers etc with no problem i even used to chat to them lol but animals i just cant do, weird huh
Can you touch a fish finger ?

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol, thats the strangest part as soon as its turned into food im fine, couldnt eat a fish finger but could touch one

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Chitterlings, chittlins, chitlins....(Pigs intestines) along with tripe, were a huge delicacy for my mother and grandmother. They would be bought ready washed and plaited by the butcher, then soaked overnight in salt water by my Grannie and boiled in vinegar. Disgusting!! :yuck:

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).

Andy ma' main man, you a woosss .. Nooooo. Someone I knew worked in a mortuary and, funny enough, he used to talk to the dead people. He told me he was undressing a man once that had come down there and, as he sat him up to get his top off, the deceased burped. He told me he dropped him and ran. So funny, hope you're well, Q..

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Andy ma' main man, you a woosss .. Nooooo. Someone I knew worked in a mortuary and, funny enough, he used to talk to the dead people. He told me he was undressing a man once that had come down there and, as he sat him up to get his top off, the deceased burped. He told me he dropped him and ran. So funny, hope you're well, Q..

i spent 20 minutes trying to keep this fellas eyes closed so the rellies could say goodbye, they finally stayed closed until the rellies where saying goodbye one of his eyes popped open, they freaked out, thought he was still alive..... well if he was alive to start with i reckon the night in the fridge finished him off by the time they got there in the morning, wasnt funny, but it is looking back

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, well, living in France for a time, I remember ordering "andouillette" from a menu in a tiny restaurant in Montpellier, thinking it was going to be chicken. When it arrived, I had no courage to eat it, I cut open the fat white sausage and could see what looked like 'chitterlings', and knew I'd made a mistake. I didn't have the presence of mind to explain to the patronne, and just sent it back untouched. Not very good manners on my part, but I'd paid for it, and was still hungry.:bigtears::D:D

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i only hate the batter off fish somehow i couldnt eat the flesh.

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
About the only thing I remember hating to eat as a child was (American style) pancakes. Of course, reading what some of you were served in school for lunch, my list would have been far longer! ;) We didn't have school lunches at my school - we brown-bagged it. I always thought I would have enjoyed a hot meal at lunchtime, but it sure doesn't sound like it!

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
Baked beans without a doubt! don't mind them now but as a kid I loathed them!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
My parents neighbours used to boil a sheeps head for their meals and dog .
Needless to say I simply cant handle smell,sight,taste of lamb or mutton as result :yuck:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
My parents neighbours used to boil a sheeps head for their meals and dog .
Needless to say I simply cant handle smell,sight,taste of lamb or mutton as result :yuck:

We had a roast lamb today for our Sunday Roast, have to say it was very nice but do prefer beef when it properly cooked and melts in the mouth :)

FatGenes999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Smug health care professionals; pretense, pomposity and presumptuousness; people who have a disregard for other people's health and safety; being "fenced-in"; arbitrary authority; nonsensical rules; political correctness; stupidity that masquerades as profundity.
There wasn't much I didn't like, and my parents were lenient when it came to what I preferred. I didn't like fat on meats, though, and also chicken skin was disgusting unless it was roasted. One dish I never liked, until today, was the type of egg fry-up Americans call a "Western Omelette". It's the fried green-peppers in it that make it distasteful to me. Generally speaking, I don't like fried green peppers in anything.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Any fat on meat made me gag as did soft boiled/ fried eggs. Biggest hate was tripe n onions - one of my Dad's favourites.
Like Anna29 i love Manchester tart.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App