What do you eat?

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
A question for those on 50 carbs or lower please. I know there are tons of threads on food ideas and recipes but would you mind writing down what you eat over say a two day period..brekkie, lunch and dinner plus drinks? Amounts too, just rough guesstimates would be great.

Like a 2 day food diary. I know I'm a pain in the backside but humour me. :D

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Bump, cos I'm interested too

WhitbyJet

Breakfast omelette 2eggs mushrooms bread and butter (1 slice has 3 carbs)
Mid morning 5walnuts
Lunch tuna salad
Evening roast chicken courgette ragout roast swede (cut into chunks place sprig of rosemary on top wrap in a rasher of smoked bacon and roast)
Scoop of ice cream

Drinks cup of tea with breakfast
Water throughout the day
Cup of tea and biscuit before bed

Breakfast mixed berries and cream
Mid morning nibble olive and feta and cucumber slices

Lunch cup of coffee slice of lemon torte with whipped cream (its someone's birthday in our office)
Evening Cheeseburger pie with huge mixed salad

Cup of tea with breakfast coffee at lunch Water throughout the day
Cup of tea and biscuit before bed

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My diet is fairly repetitive from one day to the next so ...
BREAKFAST
Either 2 egg omelet with a couple of mushrooms or some well cooked and chopped up bacon as a filling, or, Greek Yoghurt with some form of berries and/or chopped up walnuts.

LUNCH
Green salad with either cheese, ham chicken or some form of fish.

DINNER
Grilled meat in the form of chops, burgers, steak, gammon etc
small steamed portion of low GI vegetables or a low GI stir fry.

During the day I drink decaffeinated tea and coffee with a small amount of semi skimmed milk , and water.

If I feel the need to I will have 3 or4 walnuts or some sugar free jelly in the evening or a small Brandy and diet lemonade but quite honestly I rarely feel the need to eat out side meal times.

Oh and I have recently discovered pickled cauliflower and I have become addicted so I have been adding some of that to my salads. :)

The last couple of weeks since I started low carbing my readings have stabalised to between 5.6 and 5.8 on all my tests.

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
tree-peony said:
what were your readings like before Catza?
When I started testing my readings were a tad erratic and would go between low 8 and high 9 with the odd 10 and 11. Not the highest figures but made me feel very out of control that first week.

Defren

I can give you mine from last week as I do keep a food diary. I never eat breakfast.

Lunch: 1 boiled egg, Spanish chorizo sausage, cucumber. (0g carbs). Or smoked salmon wrapped in foil with a large knob of Jersey milk butter and cooked in the oven served with salad leaves. (0g carbs).

Dinner: Ham salad with iceberg lettuce, 4 cherry toms, cucumber, celery, feta cheese, 1 hard boiled egg, spring onions and half a red pepper with an olive oil and garlic dressing. (8g carbs). Or Debbie and Andrew herb sausages, cauliflower mash (mashed with Jersey cream butter and single cream), sprouts, asparagus spears. (5g carbs).

Snacks: Usually a sugar free individual jelly with glug of single cream or slices of ham with Philly cheese wrapped up as parcels.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
B'fast - porridge made with ground almonds, coconut flour, milled flax seed with soya milk. It lasts all morning.

Other meals - whatever is going, but without the carb component.

A bread/cake mix made with about 200 g total of ground almonds, coconut flour, milled flax seed, spices & baking powder, mixed with several eggs. I bake in a 200 mm (8") sq silicone dish. It rises to about 20 mm which I cut into 16 squares. It lasts about 3 days.

I snack on cheese

No supper.

I rarely feel hungry, & I have enough energy for sports.

tree-peony

so yesterday was:-

(as previously mentioned)

breakfast - ham omelette
lunch - crab, 1 desertsp full fat cottage cheese (cos it needed eating up), lettuce, cucumber & 6 almonds
tea - lamb steak with Moroccan rub, chicory, courgette ribbons. 1 ryvita with butter and marmite

today

breakfast - 2 bacon 1 egg
lunch - prawns, 1/2 avocado, lettuce, cucumber
tea - home made steak mince burger, topped with portabello mushrooms and emmental, spinach and celeriac fries

A

Anonymous

IanD said:
B'fast - porridge made with ground almonds, coconut flour, milled flax seed with soya milk.

I'm interested in your porridge.. I've been half/halfing oats and almond flour - does yours taste at all like porridge without any oats at all? or does it just look like porridge :?

cteld

Varies a lot, but a typical day might be...

Breakfast
2-3 eggs in various forms, sometimes with spices & herbs, sometimes a "pizza omelet" with mozzarella toasted on top.
spinach

Lunch
large salad with cheese, nuts, bacon bits, cucumber, bell pepper, herbs & pepper, rice vinegar and olive oil
or
steak with a bit o' sweet potato

Dinner
Taco meat with cauliflower rice, avocado

Snacks:
Any of the following once or twice a day:
fresh coconut, cheese, nuts, yogurt with a few berries or nuts, whipped cream mixed with nuts or berries

I'm also restricted in my diet by not being able to eat packaged or restaurant food, or very much in the way of tomatoes, mushrooms, or asparagus, due to the free glutamates (like MSG).

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in butter with an oz of cheddar on top. coffee with cream.
11 am. more coffee cream
Lunch: about 2 oz leftover lamb roast on bed of green salad, radish, small tomato. Brie, tea
4 pm. small cup cocoa made with cocoa powder, cream no sugar.
Dinner: large pork rib in sauce of olive oil, butter, sage, tomato and white wine with small amount of cabbage. Stilton, coffee with cream.

I would have eaten more lamb if there was any left!

mish1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for posting this , I dont know about anyone else but Im finding it useful .
Thanks
Hamish

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
Totally diet controlled here, HB of 6.

breakfast - 1/2 carton soya yoghurt with some goat yoghurt - 6 grams carb.
lunch - 3 oatbakes with small roundel goats cheese 30ml red wine and water- 18 grams carb
Dinner roast meat or chicken with variety of plain veggies and gravy, a glass red wine- 12 grams carb
Snacks - 2 cups decaff with soya milk light type 1 gram carb. Other half yoghurt - 5 grams carb
Bedtime - Cocoa with spot of rum made with light soya milk sweetened with Splenda. 1 carb

I am a bit worried that I am having too much Soya, but I am milk intolerant so ...

Its a restricted diet, but I never feel hungry, and if I eat out I have the all day breakfast or steak and salad in the evening, with Irish coffee for dessert.

I am a bit astonished at how much good stuff other people manage to get past their pancreases. Mine is a real slave driver.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
On my 'basic' Atkins-derived diet, I have a two-egg omelette almost every morning for breakfast; very occasionally a small amount of Lizi's granola instead;

a large mixed salad for lunch with either fish (mackerel; tuna; salmon:) or meat (usually poultry); sometimes an avocado. Mayonnaise.

Supper will be meat (red, poultry or good sausages) with veg (from: broccoli, cauli, leeks, green beans, courgettes, cabbage, a few carrots and so on; low-carb). Sometimes I make an enormous ratatouille and eat that as my veg over a few days. Butter and/or grated cheese on veg.

If I 'brunch' it will be the omelette with bacon or mushrooms or cheese.

Snacks (I don't snack every day) are mainly cheese, cold meat, rarely a few nuts, a few olives; and if I need a 'crunch', oatcakes or sesame Ryvita.

If I have fruit, it will usually be berries; apples, plums, and apricots/nectarines in season. Ditto oranges. I don't eat fruit every day.

Cream or live yoghurt with fruit; milk in coffee (1 or 2 a day) and on the granola if I eat it. I have two pints delivered every week, and usually throw some of it away. I don't eat cheese every day, despite the above. I probably eat 1 pkt (half-pound) of butter a week. Oil is always cold-pressed extra virgin olive - I've just discovered it contains almost 16% saturated fat - nothing is simple, is it?

I don't stuff myself, but my portions would probably be considered on the large side! A chicken will last me 5 meals, for instance; a lamb shank, 2.

Hope this helps

Viv 8)

D

Deleted member 43917

I've only just started low carbing - here's what I had today:-

Breakfast - chopped kiwi, natural probiotic yoghurt (I need to change this as it didn't fill me up and I think I might have a problem with the kiwi)

Lunch - watercress, cucumber, tomato, teaspoon mayonnaise

Snack - some walnuts and cashews

Dinner - beef sausages, steamed cabbage & sprouts, baked mushroom

(I'm on 4 x 500g Metformin and my last HbA1c was 9 before I started low carbing)