"What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pre op went smoothly, just need to phone tomorrow to find if I’m on the morning or afternoon list for op

Reactions: DJC3

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Thanks so much for your kind words, @maglil55. Have missed you. How are you doing?
@Rachox -- keeping my fingers crossed and will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope you'll feel much better soon.
@Annb -- glad to read that your brother is feeling better. Hugs to you and your aunt.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pre op went smoothly, just need to phone tomorrow to find if I’m on the morning or afternoon list for op

Glad the pre-op went well. Hope you’re on the morning list. How did the conversation about T2 and hospital food go?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have got to go and get some more blood tests today, blood counts, iron etc, there has been a bit of blood showing up again when I go to the toilet.

So may need another transfusion / infusion at the oncology unit at the base hospital. If I do I am going to take my own food into eat this time instead of theirs. The coffee is good and plentiful though.:D

Good idea to take your own food if you need the transfusion. Glad the coffee is good and plentiful though, that’s a real bonus.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Much better news! Now that he's had all the tubes removed and no longer being fed with analgaesics, he's doing his normal thing of bouncing back and insisting on getting home. He says, if his wife doesn't bring his clothes tomorrow, he'll just get himself home in his pyjamas! When he had his heart valve operation, 42 years ago, he was taken to a convalescent hospital for a 6 week recovery. He signed himself out after 3 weeks and went back to work. That's the way he goes about his life. I'm relieved anyway.

Good news Ann, but so scary about the staff shortages. My daughter has just qualified as a nurse, she gets hundreds of text alerts from the booking office in our health authority, trying to fill staffing gaps on the rosters. Every ward is affected and the staff that are working are burning out. It’s a worrying situation.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
He's home - had the patience to wait while his wife came with some clothes. Even so, the hospital didn't have his prescription ready and she has to go back for it this afternoon. Last heard, he was resting on his own bed and glad to be there. Still follow-up to face, but so far, so good.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had to go to the hearing aid shop Bay Audio at the shopping centre we used a lot before online shopping.

My left hearing aid died completely it held a charge and it talked blu tooth to my phone but I could not hear any thing. They said they would replace the wax filters and clean the gunk out of both of them to check them out.

Had half an hour to kill so finally made a long overdue annual diabetic eye test at the optometrists.

Next stop was the post office for a couple of books of postage stamps. First time I have paid for stamps out my own pocket for a good many years.

Wandered back past all of the takeaway eat in food shops one or two customers in the them hardly enough to pay the rent.

Store security and couple of young Queensland police walking around, they looked bored ****less as hardly anyone near the major food store we use.

Every customer I saw was logging in using the QR code we use in Queensland, most people wore a mask although we do not have to at present, I had one on the same as the one in my avatar.

Back to Bay Audio, hearing aids all cleaned up with new filters and ready to go, no charge as well as apparently the tunes were included in the price.

Home to a nice glass of lemon / lime cordial with a scoop of Osmolax for a smoko (that's kept me on topic)

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It appears that one of the things that made my brother feel really bad while in the hospital, and having the need to call nurses, was that he was having a bad reaction to the heroin with which they were treating him. I didn't know that there were bad reactions to heroin, other than its habit-forming propensity. Clearly, the doctors and nurses in the hospital didn't realise it either. Possibly that's also what caused the return of his migraine. Bad stuff, heroin, although I daresay it does have its medical uses.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m home after an overnight stay in hospital, kidney stone successfully removed but another smaller stent left in to make sure any fragments of shattered stone left behind don’t block things up. This stent will be removed on Monday just in outpatients. Nurse at lunchtime was funny, took my blood sugar before lunch, it was 4.8 which she felt was too low despite my protestations, so she wouldn’t let me go home without eating lunch!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all,

Thanks so much for your kind words, @maglil55. Have missed you. How are you doing?
@Rachox -- keeping my fingers crossed and will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope you'll feel much better soon.
@Annb -- glad to read that your brother is feeling better. Hugs to you and your aunt.
I'm OK.Just incredibly busy as always.

Reactions: ziggy_w

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad to see everyone is doing better. Wednesday at CAMHS was emotional having to talk about all the things that has affected grandson. So many family deaths and illnesses in his short life so far and there's no doubt Covid made it worse as he was terrified of even more people dying. Anyway, onwards and upwards! Bit by bit he's getting back to normal (whatever normal is). Today he was very proud. He's been speeding through maths and getting everything correct. He did tell his teacher it's too easy as he did this stuff with me about a year ago. His teacher gave him a test, he completed it in no time at all, got everything correct, so he's been promoted to the top maths group. He said in front of his teacher " My Nana's teaching has made a big difference". He told me later that even in the top group it's still quite easy because it's things we did a while ago. Never mind he says, we'll just go on revising and stay ahead of the group. He doesn't say too much about knowing it as he admits it's better not to sound like a know it all.
Just when one grandson seems to be getting there, the other has gone off the rails. He's utterly miserable and dealing with it all the wrong way. There's a child in his class that weirdly seems to hold sway over the other classmates. He tells them to do things and they do it! I say weirdly since in my time this child would have been an obvious target for bullies, not the bully. He's persuading the others not to play with Grandson and not to interact with him in class. So grandson is getting isolated , frustrated and miserable. This child is also hitting him but he's crafty and makes sure no one sees. Grandson retaliates but he gets caught then he's the one to blame. We've been impressing on him not to retaliate but sometimes it just gets too much for him. I'm really at a loss but it explains the bad behaviour and cheek he's been dishing out. It's a fine line between understanding why he's behaving like this and setting limits though. No wonder I've been a bit down.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 - I know I told you about the Black Sabbath super deluxe CD set *which was accidental. I do quite a few kids competitions, especially for STEM educational toys. The latest prizes were Stomp Rockets - a single one and a double, that fire rockets about 200ft in the air. One for open parkland! I also got a runner's up prize of Matt Lucas's book of very, very, very, very silly games.

https://stomprocket.com/

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 - I know I told you about the Black Sabbath super deluxe CD set *which was accidental. I do quite a few kids competitions, especially for STEM educational toys. The latest prizes were Stomp Rockets - a single one and a double, that fire rockets about 200ft in the air. One for open parkland! I also got a runner's up prize of Matt Lucas's book of very, very, very, very silly games.

https://stomprocket.com/

Lol yes I remember the Black Sabbath CD set! Those Stomp Rockets look brilliant, I’ve never seen them. What a great present, The Matt Lucas book sounds just the thing for kids of that age to enjoy too. My granddaughters ( who are about the same ages as your grandsons) love jokes and joke books at the moment.
Carry on Comping.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol yes I remember the Black Sabbath CD set! Those Stomp Rockets look brilliant, I’ve never seen them. What a great present, The Matt Lucas book sounds just the thing for kids of that age to enjoy too. My granddaughters ( who are about the same ages as your grandsons) love jokes and joke books at the moment.
Carry on Comping.
They use the Stomp Rockets in school with the science classes so he knew what they were straight away. I've noticed on 50Connect they have yet another Black Sabbath deluxe set. I'm tempted to go for the pair just to confuse Hubby further!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Going to make a heap of sugar free jelly after the Blue Care nurse has dressed my leg after giving it a good clean this morning

I have about fifteen 250 ml containers empty at the moment so will be able to get a stockpile to keep in the fridge. It will keep me going for a while.

Reactions: shelley262 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought I'd got over this covid thing but yesterday and today, my sore lungs are back again. And I'm even more tired than usual. So, I guess it's rearing its ugly head again. Still, it will go away again, I suppose, so it's just a matter of sitting it out. And trying not to do any heavy breathing!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally my left kidney is free of stones and stents! Feeling a little bit sore after having the final stent removed this morning, but I have been told that should settle in a day or two. Looking forward to sleeping on my favourite side having not been able to for six weeks! :hilarious:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a new oximeter the other week because my old one was playing up with dumass readings. The new one has started to do the same thing first up in the morning when I test everything.

The main problems is I flat line on it it now with the alarm going no matter what finger or thumb I put it on to. I have found that if I move around a bit for ten minutes the oximeter works normally with a spo2 of something like 97% / 60 and will work correctly all day.

When I have been in hospital they have had a similar problem with testing spo2, it's another one of life's mysteries to be solved.