What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: avocado which was replaced with a small chunk of Brie as it wasn’t ripe enough, with prawns and coleslaw.

2024-04-26 19.32.38.jpeg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: avocado which was replaced with a small chunk of Brie as it wasn’t ripe enough, with prawns and coleslaw.

View attachment 67352
Hug for your unripe avocado what a disappointment for you.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Today's food; Minced beef casserole with carrot, onion, celery and swede with cauli mash. Tea, Boiled ham with salad and perhaps a boiled egg. Levels are getting better and my A1c is down to 56 from 59. Not really good enough but I'll get there. Have a good day everyone. :)
Heading in the right direction @RosemaryJackson.
Steer clear of the carbs and, barring infection or injury, you'll soon be back on track.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 67352
Evening @Rachox. Like all fruits, the flavour of an avocado varies with its degree of ripeness and it's a shame to peel and eat them when not quite ready.

I keep newly-purchased avocados in date order in the cupboard over my oven for up to 3 days. Once ready, they're transferred to my fridge until needed. It's not foolproof, but seems to work most of the time.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter and avocado, seasoned with black pepper and a wedge of Gorwydd caerphilly.
Water to swallow tablet.
Double espresso.

L: Packed lunch made with leftover mushroom and spinach frittata
Celery sticks and baby plum tomatoes with Little Gem lettuce cups for scooping and a dollop of home-made mayonnaise for dipping.
Prawns and mussels.
Almonds, hazelnuts. and walnuts.
Water to drink.

D: Smoked salmon and cream cheese salad made with rocket, celery, baby plum tomatoes, salad onions, Nocellara olives and Romano peppers, dressed with olive oil, lemon verbena and a touch of lemon juice, topped with pecan halves.
Water to wash down tablets.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening @Rachox. Like all fruits, the flavour of an avocado varies with its degree of ripeness and it's a shame to peel and eat them when not quite ready.

I keep newly-purchased avocados in date order in the cupboard over my oven for up to 3 days. Once ready, they're transferred to my fridge until needed. It's not foolproof, but seems to work most of the time.
It was a pack of two, described as ripe and ready to eat…. this one this evening most definitely wasn’t! The second one is out in the warm kitchen, I’m hoping the sun will come out tomorrow so I can put it on the window sill!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was a pack of two, described as ripe and ready to eat…. this one this evening most definitely wasn’t! The second one is out in the warm kitchen, I’m hoping the sun will come out tomorrow so I can put it on the window sill!
Yes @Rachox. I've come unstuck with packs of two avocados labelled "perfectly ripe and ready to eat." The wrapping prevents you from inspecting the contents properly. One was over ripe and mushy. At best the flavour of the others was disappointing and I no longer risk buying them.

I find it's safer to buy avocados when they're still rock hard, store them at room temperature for 3-4 days (depending on their best before date) and enjoy! Then, in the unlikely event they're not eaten right away, refrigerate until needed.